PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Oklahoma?

auntietrish5
06-25-2007, 07:58 PM
Are there any members who are in Oklahoma, United States?
I live in the Northwest part of the state, near Woodward. I lived in Oklahoma City for a long, long time and have just moved up close to my parents and other family that can help me out.
Trisha

shortandsassy
07-25-2007, 12:22 PM
I am a brand new member and I live in the south-central part of Oklahoma in a little town named Davis. Have you heard of the Arbuckle Mountains? Turner Falls? Arbuckle Wilderness? Chickasaw National Recreational Area? Arbuckle Lake? We have it all here. It is a very pretty place to live. Is there a support group close to where you live? I am very lucky; we have a group that meets right here in Davis the 1st Thursday of each month. Vickey

auntietrish5
07-25-2007, 12:46 PM
ShortandSassy:

I know Davis and the Arbuckle mountain area. I have never lived or stayed there but I've driven through there when I used to work with Head Start programs in the Southeast part of the State. Now, I'm with my parents up in Gage, about 20 miles west/southwest of Woodward in NW Oklahoma. I don't work now.......have just gotten disability and learning to live with that and fight unproductiveness.
You're lucky that you have a support group. So far, there is no group up here, but I'm checking into finding a place and getting a group started. It's so nice to talk to someone who knows exactly what you're going through, isn't it?
Trisha

shortandsassy
07-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Yes, I am very blessed to have not only my support group (whom I consider part of my family!), but also the love and support of my husband, my family and my friends. We have a really great support group. Is the closest group to you the Bartlesville group? Were you with a group in OKC? It does help a lot to talk to someone who truly understands what you are going through. I'm here if there is ever anything I can do for you. How long ago were you diagnosed? (because I'm sure we all had it for years before being diagnosed!)
Vickey

auntietrish5
07-28-2007, 07:42 AM
Vickey,

I guess that Enid would be the closest group, if there were a group in Enid. I Haven't really checked.
I have had Lupus for over 7 years. I was officially diagnosed around 2000. Since then the disease has progressed...and they thought it wouldn't but that just goes to show you how much research and meds have changed in just 7 years!
Thank you for your support!
Trisha

shortandsassy
08-06-2007, 01:46 PM
Trisha, just now catching up on my e-mails, etc. Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. Sounds like we were diagnosed close to the same time. How is your lupus now? And how far has it progressed? (if you don't mind me asking, if so, just ignore the questions) If there is ever anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Vickey

shellyq68
03-29-2008, 09:55 PM
We have a group in SW Oklahoma that meets in Lawton. We meet on the 2nd Thursday of every month at 6:30pm at the Comanche County Memorial Hospital in the Maple room. We also meet on the 4th Saturday of the month at 10:30am at the Comanche Coutny Memorial hospital in the Maple Room. We welcome all members to our meetings.

mamashell
06-26-2008, 09:01 PM
I live in McAlester, Oklahoma. Any one out there close?

kbwitme
07-22-2009, 11:54 AM
Hey everyone I live in OKC. I need to get to some support groups. I'm one of the 10% males who have Lupus.

TERI A.
07-22-2009, 05:16 PM
Hi All,
I live in OKC and have not been diagnoised yet.Next rhuemy appointment on the 28th.

magistramarla
07-22-2009, 05:59 PM
Hi Oklahomans,
I lived in Midwest City, Ok. from 1983-1987 when we were stationed at Tinker AFB. I was going down memory lane reading the names of all of your towns. Back then, I worked for a midwife who delivered babies at home. We traveled all over the state to deliver babies. I remember being in Lawton, Enid, McAlester, Davis, Moore, Edmund, Norman and many other little towns. If any of you were home-born and in your mid twenties, I might have helped to deliver you!
Marla

Pearl
07-24-2009, 08:32 PM
Born and raised in Oklahoma City. You wouldn't recognize Midwest City now...all grown up with a Target and a Home Depot! There's hardly a space between Edmond, OKC and Norman...If you ever come back through Oklahoma, you will have to look us up!

Take care,

Jana