PDA

View Full Version : Cytoxan?

Raven
06-17-2007, 07:09 AM
Has anyone been put on IV Cytoxan? If so - did it work? How long were you on it? Did your hair fall out? Plaquinel did not work for me (I had an allergic reaction) same with Imuran. Now my docs want to try Cytoxan. I am REALLY nervous about chemo. Any insights, advise, personal experiences would be greatly appreciated.

racinie
06-17-2007, 11:28 PM
I went on IV cytoxin when I was a kid with lupus becuase they were worried about the ramifications of high dose prednisone on me and renal stuff. Anyway, 6 months on that, my hair thinned but didn't all fall out. 10 years of remission. good luck. i don't think cytoxin is as bad as it sounds.

tropically
12-11-2007, 08:51 AM
My wife was on it. She didn't loose hair but again it depends on the dosage and the person. It varies hugely.
It did not work for her, we eventually switched to rituxan, which is suppose to be better, and it does work for her.

I would consult your Dr about the possibilities with both.

Wish you all the best.

Pretti in Pink
12-11-2007, 02:33 PM
I did Cytoxan for about 9 months and my hair did get thin and come out but not to where it was bald. Cytoxan was okay for me. I didn't get sick often, just a few ocassions where I would feel bad the next day but they did give me antinausea meds prior to my infusion. The only side effects I did notice was pain in my lower stomach but that would mostly happen when I didn't drink enough water. You have to dring ALOT of water. I have now switched to Cel-Cept (for my kidneys) and I haven't had any problems thus far. I have been on it for about a month.