PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried Relafen?

magistramarla
06-13-2007, 06:38 PM
Hi All,
I managed to see the rheumatologist earlier than my original appointment. All that he would commit to is that I do have an autoimmune disease, but he's not saying which one until he gets all the bloodwork back. In the meantime, he put me on a NSAID called Relafen for the joint pain. I had never heard of it before. The first couple of days, it made me very sleepy, but I think that I'm adapting. The awful thing about it is the fact that it gives me major indigestion. I think that it is helping a bit. The knee isn't in constant pain - just part of the time. I think that the chest pain has lessened a bit also. Has anyone else had any experience with this one? Does it tear up your stomach? How safe is it for the digestive system over the long term? Thanks for any feedback,
Marla

Lis_B
06-14-2007, 10:30 AM
I took relafen before and yes it tore my stomach up. Besides being in pain all the time I felt like I was gonna throw up all the time. I didn't want to eat or anything so he took me off of it. Some of my friends take it tho and have no problem, it all depends on the person I suppose.

magistramarla
06-14-2007, 06:41 PM
Hi Lis_B
Your experience sounds just about like mine. Sometimes I feel really hungry, as though I just want to drown the feeling in my stomach with food. Other times, like this evening, I can't handle more than a bowl of Cheerios for dinner. The thing is, it does appear to be helping - just a bit.
Thanks for the feedback!
Hey, we spent a night in Gonzales, La. Before she passed away, my Mom-in-law decided to give her car to my daughter and her baby. My hubby and I flew to Fla. and drove it back to Texas. We were pretty lost driving through New Orleans at night. We were even more lost in some of those swamps, trying to find a safe place to spend the night. After a couple of harrowing side-trips in the swamps, we swore to not stop until we could actually SEE a motel from the highway. Gonzales was that place. The next morning, we found that we had been driving through the swamps on bald tires! They had dry-rotted in the Fla. heat, since Mom hadn't been able to drive for so long. We found our way to the new mall near Baton Rouge and replaced the tires before moving on. Wow, what a memory!
Thanks,
Marla

Lis_B
06-14-2007, 09:32 PM
Thats surely something you will never forget. Ive lived here for what seems like forever. My hubby is from here, Im originally from baton rouge. Gonzales isnt that big but its growing....wish it would stay small lol. already have traffic issues....blah lol

I hope the relafen works for you and eases the pain. I cant wait to go to the rheumie on the 27th. Hoping he will give me something to cope with my pain. My GP doesnt like to write scripts for pain meds and told me to talk to the rheumie for now just take tylenol and motrin ....he must never hurt like this.

Keep me informed on how the relafen works for ya!

magistramarla
06-15-2007, 03:12 PM
Hi Lis_B
So far, it seems to help a bit, but I hate feeling so much indigestion all the time. I dabble in gourmet cooking and I LOVE to eat well. I'm going on a great trip to Nashville on the 27th, so I think that I will skip the meds that weekend so that I can enjoy the conference.
I think that I read somewhere that you've had good luck with Tramadol. I tried that one once - and never again! I had every reaction on the list.
Good luck with the rheumy. I saw mine for the first time on the 8th. I'll be seeing him again next month. Don't expect much on the first visit. Mine won't commit to anything except for the fact that I do have an autoimmune disease until he gets all of the lab results back. I know that we have to start slowly, but I'm as anxious as you are to get some real results.
Marla

magistramarla
07-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Hey Lis_B,
The 27th has passed. How was your visit with the rheumy?
Marla