PDA

View Full Version : hi

legacyfive2002
06-11-2007, 02:50 AM
last october i went to the dr. for numbness and pain in my jaw and i was referred to a neuro. i had an MRI done and they found lesions on my brain and thought i was MS after 6 months and a new MRI nothing changed so MS was ruled out and i was diagnosed w/ migraines. when i had both MRIs dones i had blood taken and my ANA was high on both of them and after my second blood tests i was referred to a rheumotologist. At that time i had paint in my joints and a rash, my vision have been going bad and i still had that numbness. He took more blood work it came back as mixed tissue disease but he ruled 3 out b/c they came back negative but lupus came back positive in my blood work. so he ordered more blood work june 6th. i haven't gotten the results from that yet. he prescribed hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) and i just started that on Friday. I was scared when i first heard lupus but when h e said that my blood was okay and my kidneys were okay i felt somewhat better. i go back in 4 months to see how the medication is working.
that is my story.

TERIOD
06-11-2007, 04:34 AM
welcome to the forum and good luck with the plaquenil, ive heard good things about it, im certainly sorry to hear about you're having lupus, it can be a bear at times, there are people in here very knowlegable, remember to keep your head up

Terry

chichibug
06-11-2007, 05:35 PM
welcome, Legacyfive,
Plaquenil has changed my life tremendously. I have been taking it for years, and once--only once--I thought "this stuff isn't working" (I had gotten so used to feeling better, I forgot how I felt "before the Plaquenil)... well, after about a week of being "off" of it, I was in so much pain and in such a HUGE flare up, I realized how much I needed it. I haven't forgotten a dose since ;)
I hope it has the same effects for you.
This board is a great place for info and support. I hope you let us know how that blood work comes back :)
Have a great day,
Kristin

IloveHistory
06-14-2007, 05:35 PM
Hi Legacyfive2002!

Welcome to the Forum! :D I'm glad that you found us! :D

Please just know that anytime you need advice, support, information or just to vent or chat, we're all here for you!

Keep well! :)