PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Browneyed Girl

Saysusie
06-08-2007, 03:31 PM
Has anyone heard from Browneyed girl? I have been missing her and I hope that she is doing well!!

Saysusie

Pretti in Pink
06-10-2007, 10:38 AM
I was wondering the same.

IloveHistory
06-18-2007, 08:52 PM
I have been thinking about her too...

browneyedgirl53
06-24-2007, 02:08 PM
Hey My Brothers and Sisters!!

Wow, how time flies when you're out trying to catch up with the rest of the world!! My last day working full time was September 2005; needless to say that my employers are by far the greatest human beings I am blessed to know - and we met about a month ago to discuss the possibility of my returning back to work. We left the table with the agreement that there would be open communication and full consideration for all involved. I had been feeling so great, nothing to report for almost nine months - so I was feeling on top of the world.

Two weeks after starting (half days), I developed blood clots in my lungs, hospitalized...and two days later pneumonia moved in (without an invite, I might add)...while the tears began to fall so did my spirits - and the most unusual feeling came over me. "It's all right - just be - just breathe - just relax; do what you can - live my dreams today - don't dream about a different life - make the best life I have". I know it sounds like a "mushroom trip", but seriously my friends; in those few moments I realized that I had made this disease my focus....but instead I've decided to make my heart and it's purety my focus; my hopes to fuel my realities....God gave us only so much time on this side of heaven - I don't want to regret that I didn't make the best use of my heart; my loving hugs; and my soulful determination to the best use possible. So; I finally got up walked outside in my front yard, held open my arms and surrendered to God - all of my fears, all of my doubts, all of my worries....and I cried...and I swallowed the sweet taste of those surrendered tears and at once realized that surrendering that which we cannot conquer to the ONE and ONLY ONE who can; and who can grant us a peace that passes all understanding - can bring us to a place of contentment - no matter what the circumstances dictate. I laid open my arms, my heart, my hurts, my fears, my unforgiveness....and through my tears I sang; slowly...and more rythmically than ever before the song "Oh Happy Day.....Oh Happy Day...."...(never mind that the neighbors probably thought this ole' girl lost her last nut) ...

There is freedom in letting go....but never giving up. There is freedom in forgiveness - not only for those to whom we need to forgive but it frees us from the burden of a long carried pain that takes up too much space in our hearts. "Oh Happy Day".....hmmmm,

I feel like CHURCH is coming out all over this message "and it's raining like you could only imagine outside"...oh this is good! I want to seek the answers that I know I need to move on and to free up my heart so I can move up....and choose joy in the midst of all this crazy chaos we live in....TODAY, I CHOOSE JOY, I choose simply to love all the blessings that come my way....and some of those don't look or feel like blessings at the time - but IN TIME we see the lessons that needed to be learned in that moment in time.

"Oh Happy Day".....if you can find that song - play it loud, sing it loud....and know that peace is possible in EVERY situation.

I love you all more than you will ever know; you've given me wings to fly; I rise up and I can touch the sky.....I stand on the shoulders of all those who have believed in me; believed that I could become more than what I could dream for myself. You are my wings, my family, my friends....and my anchor in this crazy lupus storm.....but God does always promise us that rainbow....don't ever forget that! He loves us that much, Yes He does!

I promise not to stay away so long; I do think of you everyday....and now I wish I could sing for you "Oh Happy Day"!! Go ahead, find that song and sing as loud as you can, dance with all your might....and choose joy today!

I love you all so very much,
Browneyedgirl

Pretti in Pink
06-25-2007, 07:56 AM
browneyedgirl,

i'm sorry to hear that you were having a rough time, but glad to hear how you have conquered it. I know "oh happy day" and it is a great song of inspiration. Everyone has donw time but it's up to us to allow that time then pull ourselves up by the boot staps and keep on kickin'. So keep on keepin on sister!

Saysusie
06-25-2007, 08:11 AM
Browneyedgirl;
I was listening to the Edwin Hawkins Singers several days ago sing that song and it brought up a myriad of warm memories and good feelings. As they were singing, I was washing dishes and found myself singing right along with them as loud as I could. Do you think there was some sort of spiritual connection going on that you should be singing this song and that I should hear and start singing this song???? My favorite part_ "He taught me how to watch, fight and pray and live rejoicing every day!"
That's is where you are now..choosing to live a life rejoicing in the good. If you lood for the good, you will surely find it. When you find it, praise it!
Yes, live your life recognizing love (AKA: GOD), acknowledging Love and giving love! As you said, in so doing, YOU are free!
I am right there with you, matching you stride for stride and singing that song....."Oh Happy Day...Oh Happy Day...When Jesus washed...He washed my sins away!"
It is WONDERFUL to have you back gurlfren!!

Much Love
Saysusie

So, here are the lyrics for those of you who do not know the song:
Oh happy day
Oh happy day
Oh happy happy day;
Oh happy day....When Jesus washed
(Oh when he washed)
When Jesus washed
He washed my sins away!
Oh happy day
Oh happy day
Oh happy day
Oh happy day
When Jesus washed
(Oh when he washed)
When Jesus washed
He washed my sins away!
Oh happy day
Oh happy day

He taught me how
(He taught me)
to watch, fight and pray
He taught me how to watch
and fight and pray
fight and pray
yes, fight and pray
And live rejoicing
every, every day
every day

Oh happy day, Oh happy day
Oh happy day
Oh happy day

When Jesus washed
(Oh when he washed)
He washed my sins away
He tought me how
to watch, fight and pray
fight and pray
When Jesus washed
Oh when he washed
He washed my sins away
We´ll live rejoicing
ev´ry day, ev´ry day
When Jesus washed
Oh when he washed
He washed my sins away

browneyedgirl53
06-25-2007, 11:36 AM
SPIRITS SOARING IN CELEBRATION ALWAYS RISE UP TO MEET ONE ANOTHER.....I suppose you and I were indeed celebrating at the same moment in time.....and those are the kind of goosebump stories I love to hear about and share. We bring into our lives that which send out in love.

It's so so so good to be back home.

Lovin' ya,
Browneyeddgirl