PDA

View Full Version : thank you

kotybear
06-01-2007, 07:30 PM
I would just like to thank you for letting me know that I am not alone. It is so hard sometimes. I have been very sick the past two days and saw my rheumotologist. I don't think they have much of an idea of what is wrong more than I do. My stomach has been hurting really bad, I have been dizzy and lightheaded, and very nauseous. Any ideas?
Does anyone have any first hand knowledge on how to not feel so tired all the time?

mnjodette
06-02-2007, 08:43 AM
Kotybear, I'm sorry you're so miserable. I don't know where you are in the diagnosis stage. Sometimes that's the hardest part. Doctors are reluctant to prescribe a lot of meds when they don't know what's wrong. A good rheumatologist should be able to help, though. If it's autoimmune-related, like lupus or fibromyalgia, plaquenil is the common choice of drug to help with fatigue and joint pain. It takes a while to really work - sometimes months. But it has very few side affects. I hope your doctors will begin to unravel your health mystery. In the meantime, be sure you get a lot of rest - listen to your body. Avoid stressful situations, eat healthy, exercise a littel (if you can) and stay out of the sun. We're here to listen and to provide information about our own experiences. Sometimes that's helpful. Take care.

Jody