PDA

View Full Version : Another day in paradise..sigh

littlered
06-01-2007, 06:51 AM
One of my eyes started bothering me yesterday; Woke up this morning to pinkeye! My husband's school had graduation earlier this week. I, fed up with telling my dear hubby "no I can't go to this one with you", was determined that I would NOT miss this highlight of his year. So I went. A lot of people (teenagers and grownups) knew me and of COURSE we hugged! On Graduation night, can you not hug people? Hubby will take me to the doctor later today, oh boy, since I can't even open this eye. What causes pinkeye anyhow? (grumble) love, Kathy

camyskitties
06-01-2007, 06:58 AM
Sorry about your eye Kathy...I don't know what causes it but I think it is contagious. Isn't it also know as conjunctivitis? Well, I'm sorry you have it. I have had it before a very long time ago (knock on wood) and I know it hurts. The doctor gave me eye drops and I had to keep all the blinds down and put blankets on the windows because it was so painful to look at light, even the TV.

Once you start your med, I hope you feel better! That's sweet that you hubby is taking you to the doctor....Good Hubby!! :lol:

littlered
06-01-2007, 07:14 AM
I looked it up on the Internet; it can have lots of causes from bacteria to viral to allergies, so it's good that I am seeing a doctor. (grumble, immunosuppressants, grumble)...
yes, my husband is an absolute darling most of the time. :D I should not grumble when I am so blessed! I will take it easy til I see the doctor on my couch with warm compresses. Love, Kathy

littlered
06-01-2007, 07:15 AM
:oops: er...uhm.......that is to say, I will NOT be seeing my doctor on my couch with warm compresses---*I* need them! n :lol: love, Kathy

camyskitties
06-01-2007, 07:19 AM
:lol:

Yeah, I don't think your hubby would like that!

Missy
06-01-2007, 09:21 AM
Good luck with the pink eye - I use to get it every now and then when I taught pre-school. Those little buggers know how to pass it around! It's no fun, but usually clears up quickly with meds.

camyskitties
06-01-2007, 09:43 AM
Hey, one thing we can say about Lupus is it is full of surprises! Never a dull day, huh?

TERIOD
06-01-2007, 10:02 AM
uh huh, your doctor, wow :lol:

magistramarla
06-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Hey littlered,
Does your hubby teach in a Texas high school? What does he teach? I'll be working at our graduation on Sunday. I always love to work at graduation, since I get my last hugs and high fives from the ones that I've loved, and I get to rejoice at seeing some others for the LAST TIME.
Marla

angela
06-03-2007, 12:08 AM
feel better lilred, and no couches!! :lol:

camyskitties
06-03-2007, 02:04 AM
Kathy,

How is your eye? Getting better I hope! :)

Janet

littlered
06-04-2007, 08:28 AM
My eye/eyes are much better, thanks--turns out it was allergic conjunctivitis; we live very close to some woods now, and my eyes didn't like something in the air. Two days of drops and warm compresses and they are fine now.
My husband is the principal at an alternative high school for kids that have dropped out or been kicked out of their regular schools. A very tough bunch of kids, but he graduated almost a hundred kids this year; very rewarding but hard work! Love to all, Kathy

Saysusie
06-05-2007, 07:25 AM
Kathy;
I am glad that your eye is better! I think your husband should be commended for the work that he does for that particular group of kids. So many people just give up on them and cannot see that there really is a worthwile person underneath all of that anger, angst, hostility and low-self esteem. Many Kudos to both you and your husband!!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

magistramarla
06-05-2007, 07:42 PM
I teach in a rough and tough high school also - not exactly alternative, but we have our share of problem children. I've occasionally gotten a couple of kids that the Spanish teachers gave up on. Why the couselors saw fit to place them in Latin, I'll never know, but I've actually had a few success stories out of it. I had one special ed kiddo who couldn't transfer anything from his mind to paper, but had all the info up there! I took him to Latin contest, and he won the first ribbon that he's ever won in his life! This is the sort of thing that keeps someone like me in the teaching profession, despite the pain and frustration.
Marla

littlered
06-06-2007, 09:55 AM
Wow, you teach Latin? I had a tough time with it in High School, but I am so glad I took it now...once you know the Latin roots, you can figure out the meaning of lots of words. I had the teacher from you know where. Awful, awful. But I got through it. We had a saying in her class:

Latin is a dead language,
As dead as it could be.
First it killed off all the Romans,
Now it's killing me!

As for the kids in hubby's school; These were "throwaway" kids that everybody else had given up on. Now they have diplomas. Many of them have children and so worked full time too. There weren't many "dry eyes" in the house. Love, Kathy

IloveHistory
06-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Hi Littlered!

I am SO sorry to hear about your Conjunctivitis, but am glad to hear that you saw the doctor and that it is getting better!

I have chronic Conjunctivitis in both eyes now :mad:, which is aggravated by my Sjogren's Syndrome, so now I have to go and see the Ophthalmologist. Sigh!

Keep well! :)