PDA

View Full Version : question about bloodwork....

camyskitties
06-01-2007, 04:39 AM
Hey everybody...just a quick question..where is the link for the bloodwork criteria? I can't find it. I was wondering too can someone tell me what a slightly elevated RA factor might mean? I also have a very elevated microalbumin from back in November. The doctor never even told me about it. I just saw it on my bloodwork when I picked it up yesterday. I am taking it with me to my rheumy appt. on Monday. I'm trying to round up eye exam and biopsy results from the DLE too. Is there anything else I might need to take them? MY GP won't let go of x-rays but I guess rheumy will want to do his own.

If anyone could let me know about the bloodwork that would be great...Thanks so much!

angela
06-03-2007, 12:04 AM
hi cammyskitties, i've had elivated albumin levels. i dont think they were 'micro' though and am not sure of the difference.

anyway, albumin is a type of protein accordig to my doc, and it could mean that theres a problem with your kidneys to you need your kidneys tested. also, it sometime can be caused by any one of the lupus meds, which is often my case.

theres usually some increase in these levels in people with lupus or anyother inflammatory or immumne system related disease. are you diabetic? that could be at issue as well.

check out www.labtestsonline.org

i hope this helps my friend :wink:

camyskitties
06-03-2007, 02:01 AM
Angela thanks for responding. No, I am not diabetic and not currently taking any lupus meds. I go to the rheumy Monday for the first time. I will ask him about it. I did go to the website and asked them but they have not responded back yet.

Thanks for the info. I saw in the other post that you have been scrapbooking with your daughter. Sounds fun. I should too but I have a 2yr. and 7 mo old and just don't have the time right now. I do love to take pics though and have about a million of my kids and cats to prove it!

Thanks!
Janet

angela
06-03-2007, 03:23 PM
hi janet! yes, yes, definately ask your doc since you have none of those other things going on. i would like to know what he/she says.

yes, i just got into scrapbooking by accident. i love photography and taking pics, so i was made her troop 'historian'. then someone somehow came up with the bright idea and bam :!: next thing i know, i'm scrappin :shock: ! but i do like it though.

oh, gosh, you've got your hands full janet! bless you! there are so many ready made kits out there that make it so easy that all you have to do is put the pics in. and, at least for me, its relaxing.

be well friend :wink: