PDA

View Full Version : Mornin' everyone...

camyskitties
05-30-2007, 04:09 AM
I hope everyone is feeling well. I just got back from a long weekend at my mom's. She is 6 hours from me and I had my 2 year old and 7 month old in the back seat. Yikes!! Needless to say I am very tired and burnt out. I got stressed and now I have ulcers in my mouth. But we did have a good time. All my sisters were there and we went to visit daddy's grave. I only get to go home about twice a year. Mom is coming to see me in a couple weeks.

I just wanted to check in and say hello. I want to catch up when the babes lay down for naps and see how everyone is. From what I see on the boards, there is quited a bit to read. Well, I'll be back later...

Pretti in Pink
05-30-2007, 05:08 AM
Welcome back- Glad you had a nice and safe trip.

TERIOD
05-30-2007, 05:37 AM
mornin

IloveHistory
05-30-2007, 02:54 PM
Hi Camyskitties!

Welcome back! :) I'm glad to hear that you had a good time! :)

Your doctor or dentist should be able to prescribe something for oral ulcers if they are driving you nuts! My dentist prescribed 'Kenalog in Orabase' for my oral ulcers. However, you must be sure that the ulcers are auto-immune and not viral, or the ointment will make them worse!

Keep well! :)

Saysusie
05-30-2007, 03:18 PM
Welcome back :lol:
Glad that you had a nice visit with your mother and your sisters. Sorry to hear about the mouth ulcers.
It is good to have you back and to know that things are going well for you!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

littlered
05-31-2007, 06:35 AM
Oh, I want to see my mom and dad so bad right now. I am glad you had a good visit with them. Love, Kathy

mnjodette
05-31-2007, 05:03 PM
Welcome back - nice to hear you had a good visit with your family. I don't see my sibs as much as I'd like and my folks are both gone now. So, stay connected...you'll be glad you did!

Jody

camyskitties
06-01-2007, 04:31 AM
Thanks everybody....I (and the kids) are glad to be back. There is no place like home!

littlered
06-01-2007, 06:40 AM
This may be off topic, but is anyone else really feeling the pinch of high prices at the gas pump? About the only thing that is helping hubby and me out right now is that he only lives about 5 miles from his work. But traveling across big ole Texas right now is keeping us from seeing family. Sorry to say! Love, Kathy

camyskitties
06-01-2007, 06:45 AM
I definately felt the pinch at the pump! LOL It cost around $60 to get there and $60 back. So I spent about $150 for travel only including food and gas. That's not counting the spending I did (even though very little) when I got there. It will probably be toward the end of the year before I make that trip again.

camyskitties
06-01-2007, 06:48 AM
Actually now that I think about it, I think the baby crying almost the entire trip was worse than the price at the pumps! :o

littlered
06-01-2007, 07:24 AM
Oh no, camy! That would have head pounding! (I adore babies and can't stand to hear them cry.) I just now noticed that you live on the Carolina coast...I have only seen it in pictures. It must be sooo beautiful! Love, Kathy

camyskitties
06-01-2007, 07:35 AM
Yes, it was extremely head pounding. And I couldn't stop on the Interstate so we (myself and my daughter Camy) had to tough it out. She was very good for me and tried to help but there is only so much a two year old can do. I was about in tears when I got to mom's. Will slept a little bit but the times he was awake, he really let us know he did not like his carseat!

Yes the coast is so beautiful. When we first moved here about 7 years ago, I still didn't know I had discoid lupus and would go to the beach a lot. I haven't been that much since I was diagnosed. We took Camy last summer when I was pregnant with Will and I just sat under the pier while my hubby showed her the ocean and shells. That's how we do things now, he show her things and plays with her in the sun, and I sit in the shade and take pictures. I told him, the kids are going to wonder why mom is not in any of the pictures! :(

Janet

magistramarla
06-01-2007, 09:15 PM
I feel your pain! Our last gas bill was well over $800! Of course, we have 6 vehicles in our little fleet. Our youngest daughter's truck is the gas-eater. I swear, I'll have to keep working no matter what just to pay for the gas!
Marla

mnjodette
06-02-2007, 08:20 AM
Janet, I've never been to North Carolina, but my husband's brother lives on the Georgia coast...I just love it there. If it's anything like that, I think it would be paradise.

Yeah, gas prices are really making us think twice about driving. We live about 15 miles from town and have two vehicles. We try really, really hard to remember any errands when we're in town and drive together when we can. I see gas went down some this past week, though. I never thought $3.15 per gallon would be an improvement!

Jody

IloveHistory
06-05-2007, 01:45 PM
Hi Everyone!

Petrol (or gas) is really expensive here in South Africa too! :( It's disgusting how much one has to pay! :x

angela
06-05-2007, 02:22 PM
aahh, lucky you! the nc coast is one of the places on a very short list we'd go if we move. he's from gerogia and i lived there for amost 10 yrs and we spent alot of time in savannah and the ga coast. i miss it so much! i'm on the water here, but it's very different.

lucky, lucky you :D

i'm glad you had a great time, and glad your back :wink:

littlered
06-06-2007, 10:00 AM
Holy smokes!! We just got our electric bill for the month of May in our new house--ONLY 123.00! Our old house (built in the 70's) was costing us 400-500 dollars a month. This is Houston, so we have no choice but to run the air conditioner all the time (it's over 90 degrees right now)
I loved this new house before, but I love it even more now! Love, Kathy

IloveHistory
06-06-2007, 03:06 PM
Hi Littlered!

Glad to hear it! :)