PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Pretti in Pink
05-11-2007, 05:06 AM
To all of my cyber sisters,

I wish you a Happy Mother's Day. Whether you're a mother, godmother, aunt, guardian, or just an angel to a child- KUDOS to you. Enjoy your day and bask in it. :wink:

MARYCAIN
05-12-2007, 03:59 PM
Thank you for the lovely thought. Much as I love Mother's Day, I have to admit that I'll be really glad when my kids learn to cook. They want to "fix" breakfast for me, and the results are sometimes interesting, to say the least. :D

MARYCAIN
05-12-2007, 04:48 PM
For all the many mothers who have lost children to this disease, or to other illnesses, injuries, or senseless accidents - and for the women who dream of being mothers but wonder if it will ever be possible because of this disease - a very special Mother's Day wish for you, for peace and happiness, and a loving reunion someday with the children who live in your hearts and in your dreams, who are waiting for you just beyond the rainbow bridge.

I have been to a place
that exists somewhere beyond.
It is a world of peace and harmony
where all creatures are equal
and dreams are fulfilled.

No room for false pretenses
or deception-
No place for prejudice
or hatred.

In this land of everlasting sunshine
and magnificent rainbows
The scent of flowers lingers,
their brilliant colors delight the eyes.
Birds create a symphony of merriment
as butterflies dance on the air.

A feeling of contentment and joy
like none experienced before.
Found only in this special place
and fills me with hope and renewal.
I can believe that anything is possible
in this land beyond.

Hold my hand.
Let me show you the way.
Share with me
this magical place
Somewhere beyond the rainbow.

~Kirsti A. Dyer

Pretti in Pink
05-12-2007, 06:23 PM
MARYCAIN,

thank was a beautiful poem and very thoughtful of you. Just anticipate that one Mother's Day when your kids will be able to "REALLY FIX" you a meal and then you can bring up the others you had to eat. Sounds like you will have a wonderful day tomorrow. Be blessed.

mnjodette
05-13-2007, 04:15 AM
Thank you, Pretti, and you, Marycain, for the lovely Mother's Day wishes and poem. It's quiet here this morning (everyone else is still sleeping) and I'm enjoying a little Mother's Day solidtude. I'll be fixing the breakfast, but will be treated to a nice lunch out later today. My granddaughter is here with her dad - her parents divorced now for a couple of years. I'm reminded of the transitions that many families are dealing with this mother's day (and probably have throughout the years.) My mother's day prayer for hope and encouragement goes out to all those who are recovering from divorce or separation; those who are living with domestic violence; those who deal daily with additictions; those living in poverty; those living with serious illness (theirs or a loved one's) those who lost children, fathers and mothers this past year; those who are estranged from their mothers or children; and those who find themselves alone. God honors new beginnings - may this year be a year of new beginnings for you. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all of you!

Jody

TERIOD
05-13-2007, 07:00 AM
hey hey hey, just wanted to wish all you moms,moms to be, grandmoms all a happy mothers day, take it easy and do sumtin nice for yourself today, most of all no worries be happy :bday: :bday: :bday: :bday:

MARYCAIN
05-13-2007, 07:31 AM
Jody and Pretti - I know this Mother's Day must be especially hard for both of you - your losses are still so fresh and painful. You are in my thoughts and prayers today.

Saysusie - Your daughter must be so proud of you - for moving past your grief and despair to create this wonderful forum as a safe haven for all of us. Enjoy your happy memories today and bask in the warmth of the love that Lauri is sending down to you. Have a blessed day.

And please, everyone, say a special prayer for Chris and Lori Coble. Ladera Ranch, California, who buried their three children yesterday. Kyle, age 5, and his sisters Emma, age 4, and Katie, age 2, were killed when a tractor-trailer rig slammed into the back of their mother's minivan. I can't imagine the pain those parents are feeling today - please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Saysusie
05-13-2007, 08:04 AM
Thank You So Much Marycain..and the poem was beautiful and just what I needed to hear on this Mother's Day.
I am saying a prayer for each and every mother, mother-to-be, grand-mother, etc.; that they all look at the glories that are their children and grand-children; that they never, ever lose sight of the fact that these relationships are to be cherished, never taken for granted and that they know that time is so fleeting...make the most out of your relationship with your children because tomorrow is never promised!!
My prayers and my heart go out to all of us who have lost our children, for their is no more devastating loss. I pray for those who are grieving right now and, I ask that God touch their hearts to let them know that their life will, one day, be livable again, even though I know that they do not believe that now!
Mother's day is a day for our loved ones to celebrate us, it is also a day for us to take a moment and thank God for allowing us to be the vessels that brought his cherished little ones into this world. I can think of no greater gift than the gift of giving life!! I honor each and every mother here and I want to thank each of you for being such an important part of this family.
May you all have a loving, blessed and cherished Mother's Day!!

All My Love
Saysusie

Pretti in Pink
05-13-2007, 03:59 PM
Thank you Susie for your thoughts and prayers but more so for this forum and allowing us to be an extension of your family as it becomes an extension of ours as well.

Missy
05-13-2007, 04:58 PM
Thank you, Marycain, for always looking beyond the obvious and into our hearts. It means a lot to me that others realize the journey to motherhood is not so simple for all.

And many joys to those mothers today that are celebrating!

mnjodette
05-13-2007, 06:22 PM
Thank you, Marycain, for remembering that I recently lost my Mom. I miss her so - this morning I spent a couple of hours sorting through a library of photos, putting together a computer folder of photos of her to send to my brother and sister. Healing for me, I think.

And thank you, Susie, for making this forum possible - where would we all be without it!? You are a blessing to us all, and Marycain is so right...Lauri would be very proud of you.

Jody

angela
05-13-2007, 08:45 PM
HAPPY MOMMY'S DAY TO ALL YOU MOMMY'S AND SOON TO BE MOMMY'S!!!!! :D

thank you all for being you. so many of you, in your own special ways, have unknwingly mothered me in so many different ways. and i thank you.

my prayers and thoughts to all of you who have lost someone, missing someone, needing someone all mohther like.

be well my mommy friends :)

MARYCAIN
05-14-2007, 07:52 AM
Jody, my mom has been gone for almost thirteen years, and on Mother's Day, it always seems like the loss is still brand new. It made me really sad when my youngest was looking through an old photo album, and he pointed at a picture of my mom and asked who the "pretty lady" was. They've seen the pictures of her we have in frames, but this was a much older picture of her, and he didn't know who it was.

One thing I have really enjoyed doing was putting together a "cookbook" album to share with my siblings -I typed up a lot of her old handwritten recipes, and had a lot of old family pictures scanned, then I put them together with some of the old family stories and "Momisms" - I'm sure you have a few of those running around your head too. It's funny sometimes how the kids will do something, and I open my mouth to talk to them, and what comes out is not me, but my mom. :) Writing all that stuff down made me feel really close to her, and brought back some wonderful memories.

mnjodette
05-14-2007, 06:34 PM
Oh, Marycain I love the cookbook idea! I have many of my Mom's old recipes (a lot of them in her handwriting, on well-used pieces of paper!) It would be fun to do that. I might work on that in the coming months. It would be a nice surprise for my brother and sister.

It's funny about hearing your parent's words come out of your mouth. My husband 'channels' his father all the time, but he'd never admit it. And everyone always tells me how much I remind them of my Mom. I look like her (not her size 6, though! :( ), sound like her and act like her. If anyone had told me 20 years ago that would happen, I'd have never believed it! Weird....

Jody

littlered
05-20-2007, 08:50 AM
Not such happy mother's day for me....
I will post what is going on with me and my daughter soon on a new topic. Can't do it right now (I can't see with tears in my eyes.)
Love to all of you--Kthy