PDA

View Full Version : blood pressure meds

camyskitties
05-10-2007, 08:25 AM
Hello everyone...

My doctor had me on Diovan one tab once daily for BP but it was still high so he increased it to 2 tabs once daily. With the increase in dosage, it made me feel like I was going to pass out so I stopped taking it. What does everyone else take? And does it work for you? Thanks so much for reading!

TERIOD
05-10-2007, 09:08 AM
Janet, ive taken it under the name valsartan, and ive taken some pretty heavy doses of it, i wouldnt stop taking it completly, maybe go back to the one tab you were taking before and get in touch with your doctor, this drug takes a while to start working-up to a month, it gave me bad sore throat so my doctors switched me to Ibusartan, the way it was explained to me the sartan family of drugs are mortality drugs which means not only do keep blood pressure down but they help the body fix whats wrong also, i would definitly get in touch with your doctor about this,
hbp drugs i take
ibusartan
felodipine
dialtiazam
clonidine

camyskitties
05-11-2007, 06:34 AM
Thanks a bunch Teriod! How are the minions of the devil doing?

TERIOD
05-11-2007, 08:39 AM
they are ornery, i tried to sneak into the house with a bag of jerky, wam bam instant friends, or is that instants pests :roll:

camyskitties
05-11-2007, 08:47 AM
Yes, I know how that is. Mine can be pests too and they don't let up until they get what they want!

TERIOD
05-11-2007, 08:54 AM
how are the meds working??????

camyskitties
05-11-2007, 08:59 AM
OK - I'm going to schedule an appt. sometime next week.

camyskitties
05-11-2007, 09:03 AM
oh ...thanks for asking :lol: How have you been feeling?

TERIOD
05-11-2007, 10:06 AM
still kickin i guess

they got blood the other day, i guess thats a good sign

Missy
05-11-2007, 12:07 PM
I use Lisinopril and have used atenolol in the past, but the Lisinopril has some protective features over kidneys, which is my main issue. Although, things have been going well lately, so I am going to try to reduce from 40 mg Lisinopril a day to 20 mg. We'll seeee............

My nephrologist and I are actually doing 2 experiment in the coming month - the Lisinopril and I'm going to stop taking ProCrit to see how it goes with my anemia as well..........

TERIOD
05-13-2007, 07:19 AM
i tried lisinopril, but developed an allergy to it, i guess i have a high sensitivity to drugs, it really ticks my docs off sometimes,

Shea508
05-22-2007, 09:30 PM
hi there all! 8)
I take propranolol for the hbp probs, and apparently I had a TIA last week (I thought it was a seizure - oops, lol) and my rheumy felt that changing anything would be more problematic than leaving things alone - medicine-wise.. I like his philosophy on that :)
Shea