PDA

View Full Version : Pleurisy and my Nebuliser

IloveHistory
05-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Hi!

Just a quick question. Does anybody here know if I would be able to use my Nebuliser while I currently have Pleurisy? Would it help me at all?

Thanks and keep well! :)

angela
05-09-2007, 04:37 PM
hi there again! i use my nebulizer with no problem! just breathe in slowly, and go as deep as you can, but slowly. make sure to use it before your cough or tightness gets too far. if you do that, it will ease the pleurisy more noticeably.

hope this helps :wink:

IloveHistory
05-09-2007, 04:50 PM
Hi Angela!

Thanks SO much! :)

If you don't mind me asking, do you have Asthma?

Keep well! :)

angela
05-09-2007, 04:55 PM
nope,i dont have asthma. its good 'ole lupus. i have heart, lung, and brain involvement, along with vasculitis.... for now! :lol:

my lupus drama began with my luns, so its like i have asthma with all of my breathing 'toys'. i even have a home and portable oxygen machines. 8)

be well :wink:

IloveHistory
05-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Hi Angela!

Thanks. :)

I'm sorry that your S.L.E. has affected so many of your organs. :cry:

MARYCAIN
05-09-2007, 05:07 PM
I hold a small pillow tightly against my chest when using the nebulizer or my MDI, also if I have a coughing spell, I do the same thing. The pressure helps the pain and makes it easier to breath deeply.

IloveHistory
05-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Hi Marycain!

Thanks very much! :) Will CERTAINLY do! Anything that helps this annoying pain will be fantastic!

angela
05-09-2007, 07:12 PM
the pillow, thats right! marycain to the rescue again!! yes, it really helps when im coughing. my coughing spells get so serious that ive broken ribs.. :shock: