PDA

View Full Version : Chest Inflammation -- What can I DO?

JenP
05-08-2007, 01:44 AM
Hi Forum,

I had a chest xray done on the 3rd of May and it showed pockets (like shadows??) of inflammation that concur with the difficulty breathing, the aching, the stiffness, etc I have.

I'm taking Prednisone, have an inhaler and taking IBprofen. But nothing helps for longer periods than an hour or two and everything feel absolutely impossible.

I do not have an infection in my lungs (thankfully!) so there is little more my GP can suggest than a hot shower or hot compress on my chest and warm drinks.

Has anyone else suffered this horrible inflammation and what can I do? What has helped?

I don't get to see the Rheumatologist until the 13th of June. :(

Thanks,

Jen

Ruth1980
05-08-2007, 03:41 AM
jen, I wish I had more advice for you. I suffer from the same thing and I usually just do heating pads, warm drinks etc. One thing that seems to really help me is stretching and yoga it relieves alot of the pressure i feel in my chest. Good luck!

MARYCAIN
05-08-2007, 06:42 AM
Jen, are you using your inhaler with a spacer? If you are using a metered dose inhaler, it's hard for many people to actually get the medication into their lungs. Using a spacer helps the medication get further into your lungs where it will help more. You might also want to ask your doctor about a Medrol dosepak, or a steroid injection - sometimes a short course of higher dose steroids can help resolve the inflammation. Keep up with the hot liquids and soups. I know it sounds silly, but old fashioned vapor rub (like Vicks) can sometime helps the tightness and achy feeling. Hope you feel better soon.

morning star
05-08-2007, 10:45 AM
I have shortness of breath and chest pain, I've been to a pulmonologist who said it was asthma and gave me a steroid inhaler which has only worked on my chest congestion(cough) but hasn't helped with my breathing but maybe just a little. I think when I go back to him I'm gonna ask for a CT scan, what do you think. The inhaler I'm on is called asmanex, what kind of inhaler are you on?