PDA

View Full Version : Meditation Helps So Much

Barbara Jean
05-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Hi Friends, Just wanted to tell you that meditation helped me in so many ways, and it's really the #1 best thing I have done for myself.
There are so many different kinds, and you do it at home.
Find that works for you. You can take classes too.
Blessings, Barbara Jean

Ruth1980
05-03-2007, 03:14 PM
hmmm....I haven't tried meditation, but I do find yoga to be beneficial! Have you tried that yet?

Barbara Jean
05-03-2007, 03:24 PM
Yes, and yoga is so great too. I have to be careful with some of the poses though. The stretching feels so good. What kind of yoga do you do?

Ruth1980
05-03-2007, 05:40 PM
I do restorative yoga....it helps so much. Before lupus I studied ballet and was super flexible, now I am lucky to touch my toes. I feel like a granny at 26...oh well. I have been thinking about meditation, a friend of mine has MS and she swears by her meditation. What benefits do you see from it?

Barbara Jean
05-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Meditation is something I can go to when I am upset or worried, and it's healing because it stops the stress of life for awhile. Your body relaxes and so does your mind. It's a chance to sit quietly and figure things out.

Brian0025
05-13-2007, 11:38 AM
I do meditation when I can, and I feel better. Meditation helps u to breathe right, and slows the body down. Good for over-activity. Sleeping is even better. A good doc I had told me sleeping=healing, or as he put it.."sleeping is like charging your battery, so you will have power during the day."

Saysusie
05-13-2007, 08:34 PM
I meditate every morning, without fail, for at least 30 minutes. I get up before my husband..when the day is just peaking through and making tender nudges on the night. I find this is the best time for me to meditate.
I agree, it works wonders both emotionally and physically. I read a quoate which stated, "Praying is when you are talking to your higher power.....Meditation is when you are listening!"

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

IloveHistory
05-15-2007, 01:22 AM
Hi Saysusie!

Wow! What a fantastic quote! :D Thanks very much for sharing! :)

Keep well! :)

Saysusie
05-22-2007, 10:22 AM
:lol: