PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm Barbara Jean

Barbara Jean
05-01-2007, 11:46 PM
Hello Everyone. It is great to find this website. I look forward to talking to you and reading about what you're going through.

I've had Lupus for 33 years! Amazingly, I am now feeling quite good and seem to be in a remission from most symptoms. After many years of suffering and drugs, I am feeling halfway normal. I learned alot about natural healing over the years and gradually introduced it into my life. It took a long time, but my blood tests are healthier and I only take 5mg prednisone a couple of times a week instead of 20-30mg/day. I still have fatigue, and some aching at night, also get a sore left side where my spleen is when I don't get enough rest or don't eat well. Some bone problems left over from all of the years of prednisone. No more rashes or swelling. Still protect myself from the mid-day sun. These are things I can live with. If I eat alot of sugar and junk food, I am immediately ill.

I want to give everyone encouragement, because you should just keep trying to get well!
All the best, Barbara Jean

Ruth1980
05-02-2007, 03:58 AM
Welcome Barbara Jean!
I am glad that you found our website, I am new here too. Wow Lupus for 33yrs! Thats amazing! I am glad to hear that you are in remission right now...that gives me a lot of hope. Take care!

IloveHistory
05-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Hi Barbara Jean!

Welcome to the Forum! :D I'm really glad that you found us! :D

Please just know that anytime you need advice, support, information or just to vent or chat, we're all here for you!

I love your name, by the way! :D Barbara is my favourite name! :lol:

Keep well and God bless! :)

Saysusie
05-03-2007, 09:31 AM
Hi Barbara Jean :lol:
Like you, I have been living with Lupus for over twenty years and, like you, I still take all of the precautions. Also, like you, I am in a form of remission where I can control many of my symptoms and flares without additional medications. I still suffer from fatigue etc. and I also have Fibromyalgia for which I have just started a new medication that was suggested to me by Marycain and my doctor finally prescribed for me. So, you and I are the sages of this disease (in a manner of speaking - lol)
I am happy that you found us and hope that we can provide you with support, information and understanding. You will find that the people here are from all over the world and that they are all very responsive, kind, caring, supportive and informative!!
Welcome to our family :lol:

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Barbara Jean
05-03-2007, 01:59 PM
It is so nice to hear from you. Thank you! I wanted to say that lupus has affected every aspect of my life for the 33 years I have had it. But it has not all been negative. I became quieter and more introspective. I started to read spiritual literature and learned meditation. I joined some wonderful meditation groups. This has helped me become happier inside and also reduce the stress of life so much. I also sleep so much better. Now, I don't worry so much, all because I learned to stop everything for awhile and just sit and meditate. It quiets the mind, gives it a rest. There are many kinds of meditation.
Meditation was the first step in my healing journey. I have been teaching meditation in my home for more than 20 years. I have weekly classes, and people come and go. Because it is in my home, I don't invite just anyone. I have made some really nice friends through this. I recommend it to anyone who is ill because it changed my life.
Along the way I found God was inside me, helping me and guiding me all the way.
Blessings to all, Barbara

Pretti in Pink
05-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Welcome and thanks for the encouraging words and positive outlook for those of us that are new to Lupus. You've joined a great family!

angela
05-04-2007, 01:19 PM
wow ms. barbara jean! so glad to have you to our family! i look forward to learning a lot from you!

be well :wink:

chichibug
05-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Hello Barbara Jean,
Wow, I hope to be of some help to you, but it seems that your experience and knowledge far exceeds mine.
I am new here, too, but wanted to say a heartfelt "hello" and let you know that I"m glad you're here.
--Kristin