PDA

View Full Version : new to the board

camyskitties
04-30-2007, 08:13 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm a stay at home mom of 2 kids. Married for 12 years. We live on the eastern coast of NC. I have discoid lupus. It was diagnosed about 7 years ago but I had it for about 2 or 3 years before we knew what it was. Auto immune runs in my family. My mom has RA. My lupus affects primarily my skin, but I do have joint pain and and other issues from time to time. I am glad to find this board. My family is understanding with the lupus but I do think my hubby is clueless. I try not to bother him with my complaining therefore holding it all in until it comes out in a sea of tears on a bad day. He doesn't really understand what it is like to wake up *every* morning and dread looking in the mirror because of either a red rash on my face or knot under my skin (acne) and that my face bleeds *every* time I wash it. I try not to let it get me down, I have a 2 year old and a 6 month old that I am trying to be strong for. They are my world.

Anyway, that's a little of my story. Glad to find you all and hope to get to know everyone a little more.

Saysusie
04-30-2007, 09:16 AM
Hello...
I responded to one of you posts in "Lauri's Lounge". I just wanted to welcome you to our family. I am pleased to say that the people here are the kindest, most informative, caring and understanding people on the web (yes, I am bragging) and you will never, ever feel alone here, judged here or misunderstood here! Please join us often, we are here for you!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

camyskitties
04-30-2007, 09:37 AM
Thank you Saysusie! I have already found that the people here are very supportive of one another. I feel right at home!

IloveHistory
04-30-2007, 09:51 AM
Hi Camyskitties!

Welcome to the Forum! :D I'm really glad that you found us! :D

Please just know that anytime you need advice, support, information or just to vent or chat, we're all here for you!

Keep well! :)