PDA

View Full Version : Another New Member

Ruth1980
04-29-2007, 06:16 PM
Well I am another new member. I have been diagnosed with lupus for a little over a year now, but have had the symptoms for probably 6 or 7 years. I am still learning what all of this entails. Any advice on how to handle those rotten flares would be fabulous....I am doing yoga and watching what I eat and that seems to help some, I feel like a pill popper with all of my medications. Does anyone else have any suggestions on what to do?

MARYCAIN
04-30-2007, 07:12 AM
Hi, Ruth, and welcome. We're very glad you found us.

Saysusie
04-30-2007, 09:19 AM
Hi Ruth :lol:
Welcome to our family. I would say that what you are doing is pretty much the right thing to do. Make sure that you avoid sun exposure, do not over-exert yourself, and take recuperative rest periods.
I think that we all can identify with being "pill-poppers", but for most of us it is a necessary evil if we want to manage this disease and avoid flares. You are not alone :lol:

Again...Welcome
Saysusie

IloveHistory
04-30-2007, 09:39 AM
Hi Ruth1980!

Welcome to the Forum! :D I'm really glad that you found us! :D

Please just know that anytime you need advice, support, information or just to vent or chat, we're all here for you!

Why don't you search for the post entitled: "Feel Like a Pill-Popper, Anyone?" You will find loads of people who feel exactly like you do!

Keep well! :)

Ruth1980
04-30-2007, 05:12 PM
Thanks so much for all the kind words & encouragement. I am so grateful to find a site like this where I can get so much support. I am still learning about lupus I'd never really heard about it untill a year ago. I am looking foward to getting to know all of you