PDA

View Full Version : New Member

ninjanurse
04-28-2007, 01:35 PM
Hi,
My name is Ann. I have had Rheumatoid Arthritis and Systemic Lupus for approximately 12 years. It has been a very rough road as I'm sure you are all aware. I also have Sjogren's disease, and Raynaud's. I have just about all the autoimmune diseases I can stand. :) I joined this site, hoping to find others with the same problems. It's very hard to find someone to talk to that understands. Most people have no idea, and don't want to know, what it's like to walk in our shoes. Would love to talk to anyone that's interested. I have many interests, hopefully I can get back to doing them. Right now, I am in the middle of a huge flare-up, itchy red rash and all :lol: Enough about me, I will look forward to meeting with you. I live in Phoenix by the way.

mnjodette
04-29-2007, 03:08 AM
Hi, Ann. Welcome to the group! You'll certainly find people here who understand what you're dealing with. Lots of support - lots of advice - and place to 'vent' when you need to. I have SLE, Sjogren's, and CREST (which is a sort of 'autoimmune-combo' syndrome which includes, among other things, Raynauds.) Others on this forum have RA, fibromyalgia, etc, etc, etc.! Yeah, we've all had about all the autoimmune diseases we can stand - we hear you! Glad you found us, and hope that it will be helpful to you.

Jody

IloveHistory
04-29-2007, 09:13 AM
Hi Ninjanurse!

Welcome to the Forum! :D I'm really glad that you found us! :D

Please just know that anytime you need support, advice, information or just to vent or chat, we're all here for you!

They thought that I had S.L.E., but all of my blood work for Lupus came back clear, so I was diagnosed with Cutaneous (skin) Lupus, due to my malar rash, photosensitivity and other skin issues. My Rheumatologist thinks that I may have Behcet's Disease, due to all of my ulcers and other systemic issues. I also have Sjogren's Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Raynaud's Syndrome, Hypoglycaemia, Celiac Disease, suspected Endometriosis, Asthma and Epilepsy.

I, too, have just about all of the auto-immune diseases that I can handle! :lol:

Keep well! :)