PDA

View Full Version : New here

joeyb
04-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Hi my name is Joey. I have Lupus, Hashimotos and possibly autoimmune hepatitis. I have one question.... WHY? What in the world causes our bodies to turn on themselves? And what can we do to stop them?

Raven
04-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Hi Joeyb. Looks like we are neighbors - I am in Michigan. I just got my official diag and have been questioning WHY as well. I wish I had an answer for you. Actually, I wish I had a magic wand and could use it to take away Lupus from everyone.
I guess for now, I can say you are not alone and that there will be good days and bad days. Hopefully your flare up will lessen soon. I will listen if you need to vent. The folks here seem really kind and supportive and can offer a lot of validation and coping techniques. Hang in there!

luppy28
04-26-2007, 04:40 PM
Hello Joeyb. Welcome here in site. I just joined last night. I have lupus too.....I dont know lupus until my doctor discovered this disease last month.....and I got thesame question of what you have.

Take it easy......luppy28

IloveHistory
04-27-2007, 06:18 AM
Hi Joeyb!

Welcome to the Forum! :D I'm really glad that you found us! :D

Please just know that anytime you need advice, support, information or just to vent or chat, we're all here for you!

Keep well and God bless! :)

mnjodette
04-27-2007, 06:43 AM
Welcome Joeyb. I'm a midwesterner, too. (Minnesota.) If there is one thing I've learned on this forum, it's that lupus (and other autoimmune diseases) is an equal-opportunity disease! And doctors (researchers, scientists) still don't know exactly why or how they occur. There are some new and exciting things being done in research now, and some new meds being tested for lupus (for the first time in many decades) so there could be some breakthroughs soon. When I was seriously ill many years ago, I learned to forego the need to know "why" and focus instead on moving forward. Yeah, yeah...easier said than done. But every time I caught myself wondering about the 'why' I would consciously make an effort to think about where I was that day and what I would do to move forward the next day. I got pretty good at it and I seldom focus on the 'why' anymore. But, you're new to this disease. It's natural to wonder why at first, and to be down-right angry at the injustice of it! I hope you'll come here to vent, to learn and to be supported. There are a lot of good folks on this forum that will be able to provide you all of those things. My best to you, Joeyb.