PDA

View Full Version : Littlered, are you doing okay? The weather down there

MARYCAIN
04-25-2007, 10:30 AM
in your part of the world looks awful. Hope none of the storms have affected you.

littlered
04-27-2007, 06:42 AM
I am fine. We live in the northwest part of Houston, so no flooding in our neighborhood. Other neighborhoods farther into Houston proper were not so lucky. The storm was so loud it woke us up in the middle of the night and rained really hard until about 9 a.m. Then the sun came out and with it, the humidity. (The thunder was so loud that my dogs were terrified!)
I am so excited! We SOLD our house so it's not going to be foreclosed on. We are making a little money out of it, too. Enough to pay off some of these bills and get a few small things we will need in the rental house, which we will be moving into this coming Monday. God DOES answer prayer...just in His own time, not ours.
The rental house is brand new. I see it as a chance to turn over to a blank page and start all over. yippeeeeee! Love, Kathy

mnjodette
04-27-2007, 07:01 AM
So glad you weren't affected by the storm. This pictures on the news were really awful...what devastation.

Yippee...you sold your house! That's awesome, Kathy. Must be a great feeling knowing that you came out of this with some equity. I work for an agency that helps people in foreclosure, and when we can get someone to that place, it's just a great feeling for everyone. You've been though a lot - I'm so glad you've gotten a break.

Jody

MARYCAIN
04-27-2007, 08:34 AM
That's good news all around, Kathy - so happy for you. Just don't throw yourself into a decorating frenzy with the new house - everything doesn't have to be unpacked the same day!

IloveHistory
04-27-2007, 02:17 PM
Hi Littlered!

I am SO happy for you! :D I will pray that everything goes smoothly with the move on Monday!

We are having a terrible storm here too with thunder and heavy rainfall!
:(

Keep well and God bless! :)

littlered
04-27-2007, 04:35 PM
My main problem right now is that my stamina is not too great...I get tired after packing a box or two. My daughter and husband insist that I rest while they do it, but I get scared that they won't do it "right." some things you just have to let go of.
My best friend and I are going to make a glass garden table into a mosaic tile table; we are going to use deep teal, dark rust-red, black and white with white grout. We will now have a garage so there'll be plenty of work room. The dining room in this new house is not very big, and we are giving our dining room set to his secretary, who has just started out in her first apartment. The set is old and falling apart, but she can use it. The colors will tie in perfectly with our living room and kitchen, and this project will be so much FUN!
I'm redoing my kitchen to look like an Italian kitchen; rust-red, black and white. THAT will be fun as well!
But I gotta remember to rest and never skip the afternoon nap. That's the hardest part! Love, Kathy

angela
04-27-2007, 10:56 PM
so happy for you kathy!! hang in there and i know it hard, but you must REST!!! :!:

be well :)

IloveHistory
04-29-2007, 09:44 AM
Hi Littlered!

That sounds wonderful! :D I hope that you enjoy re-doing your kitchen and mosaicing (is that even a word?! Oh well! It is now! :lol:) the table! :D As Angela says though, you must not forget to rest! It's very important because otherwise you won't be well enough to enjoy your new creations!

I will continue to pray for you...

Keep well and God bless! :)

littlered
05-20-2007, 12:12 PM
Oh, oh, oh How I love this house! We still have some boxes to unpack, but it is so perfect, clean, new and my daughter, who is an organization "freak", has completely organized so much. I mean EVERYthing.
As God is my witness, I'll never be messy again! (heheh)
I collect elephants of all kinds, my husband collects African masks and art; Naturally, when we first got together we went with an "African theme" in the living room. It's all up now and this truly feels like home.
We have doves in the neighborhood who coo in the morning. And we have mockingbirds who sing in the afternoon. Who needs a stereo?
The dogs MUST be walked here, as the backyard is tiny. However, ALL dogs should be walked regularly. It is an exercise in proving to them that you are in charge, they are safe, and they love it and get discipline from it. (Yes, I am a fan of Cesar Milan, the Dog Whisperer.) God is so good to me. He sends me a lot to deal with, but always provides a way to better things. Love, Kathy

MARYCAIN
05-20-2007, 12:20 PM
I wish our mockingbirds sang in the afternoon - their favorite time to serenade us is around 2:00 a.m.! I'm so glad you are happy in the new home.

mnjodette
05-20-2007, 08:16 PM
So great that you've settled in! Congratulations, Kathy.

IloveHistory
05-24-2007, 06:27 AM
Oh, Littlered! I am SO glad to hear that you are happy in your new home! :D I hope that there are no rats! :wink: :lol:

Keep well! :)