PDA

View Full Version : Newbie in NY

songchick
04-24-2007, 04:36 PM
Hello all

I'm so glad that I found this forum ... what a great resource for those of us with SLE!!

My name is Becky, and I was diagnosed with SLE on February 16th 2004, after a series of recurrent miscarriages. I was blessed with an OB that is really on the ball, and was suspicious of possible auto-immune issues, so he ordered the ANA test just on a hunch. Two weeks later, I was sitting in my rheumatologist's office being given a diagnosis. It was both terrifying and a relief at the same time - terrifying that I have this disease, but at the same time a relief that I did have a legitimate reason for the aches and pains I'd been dealing with most of my life, and it wasn't "all in my head" or that I was "over-doing it again". I was getting real tired of hearing those couple of quotes ... :shock:

Dealing with the lupus has been a challenge at times. I'm lucky enough to be in remission most of the time, but I'm normally very active and the flare periods are pretty tough, both physically and mentally. The SLE tends to target my reproductive system (hence all the miscarriages), so I've also been an infertility patient for the past 12 years. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, though. Once I got my diagnosis, we switched my infertility treatments, and I was blessed with a beautiful baby daughter Raegan, born (ironically) on February 16th, 2007. She joins my other miracle baby, Molly, who is 9 1/2. My OB still doesn't know how we managed to have her, as I hadn't been diagnosed at that point. But we're not complaining!!!

I wish all of you the best and lots of pain-free days ahead! I'm looking forward to being a member of this community

MARYCAIN
04-25-2007, 10:25 AM
Hi, Becky, welcome. I'm so glad you had an alert doctor who got you the care you needed. Congratulations on your new little miracle - I'm sure she keeps you busy.

IloveHistory
04-25-2007, 01:24 PM
Hi Songchick!

Welcome to the Forum! :D

Please just know that anytime you need advice, support, information or just to vent or chat, we're all here for you!

CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of your daughter! :D :bday: :angel:

Keep well and God bless! :)

songchick
04-27-2007, 11:04 AM
Thank you all for the kind words of welcome ... I'm looking forward to chatting with you more and becoming active on the board. I remember feeling very alone when I was first diagnosed - I wish I'd found this board sooner!!!

mnjodette
04-29-2007, 03:16 AM
Welcome to the 'family' Becky, and congratulations on the birth of your daughter! My son (who was born MANY years ago!) was born despite a lot of medical problems that should've meant no children for me. Lucky for us! I hope you'll find the support and community you're looking for here.

Jody

Saysusie
04-30-2007, 09:23 AM
Hello and welcome to our family! Congratulations on your miracle baby girl and her big sister!! You are truly blessed!!
We are here for you to help you with any questions that you may have or if you just want to share your feelings. Please know that you are not alone :lol:

Again....Welcome!
Saysusie