PDA

View Full Version : New kid on the block...

Raven
04-24-2007, 08:20 AM
Good Morning ~

My name is Raven - and I just got officially diagnosed with SLE Lupus yesterday. I was excited to find this board, as when I asked about a Lupus Support group - the rhumey looked at me like I had six heads. I guess there are no known groups in the Ann Arbor, Michigan area.

I have lots of questions for you folks that have been walking this road for a while and could use a mentor or two, or three...or more :P So I apologize in advance for asking a lot of questions.

Outside of this thing called Lupus, I love animals and do informal animal rehab and rescue. I teach at a community college, work with horses, love helping people and want to win the megamillions jackpot lottery so I can have my own farm and fund lots of grassroots organizations to help heal the world.

IloveHistory
04-24-2007, 01:04 PM
Hi Raven!

Welcome to the Forum! :D I'm really glad that you found us! :D

Please just know that anytime you need advice, support, information or just to vent or chat, we're all here for you!

Keep well! :)

MARYCAIN
04-24-2007, 01:49 PM
Hi, Raven - welcome.

Saysusie
04-30-2007, 09:29 AM
Hi Raven;
Welcome to our family :lol:
Any questions that you may have, we are here to try to answer them for you as best as we can!
I am glad that you joined us!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Ruth1980
04-30-2007, 05:33 PM
Raven,

My Thoughts and prayers are with you! I can definitely relate to what you are feeling,..its quite the adjustment isn't it. I certainly don't know as much as everyone else but I'm happy to share what I know. I'm here for support whenever you need it.

Ruth

chichibug
05-02-2007, 02:59 PM
I wanted to say HI... I am also new here (this is my second post) but your love of animals mirrors mine... and while you might be very new to this and need answers, I am not new to this, but have ignored things for so long it's time for some answers... so we're in the same boat :)

There are no support groups here, either... so this is it for me too!

Keep up the good work with the animals. I don't have horses anymore (not well enough to care for them right now anyway) but I do have 3 beagles (one that I show). It's like having 3 toddlers running around. (I need that, since my kids are mostly grown now...)

Good luck with the lottery :)