PDA

View Full Version : Social Security Ideas and help

mskin
04-19-2007, 09:31 PM
Its been a long time since I have been able to post. Lost my information. I do that alot anymore. I have SLE along with a bunch of other stuff. I have been applying for the past 2 1/2 years for social security and have been denied 2 times. Does anyone know how long and how tough this can be? My last visit to the doctor had stated that they fully support the diagnosis, and feel I should get permanent social security. I struggle at work and am down to 20 hours a week and don't know that I can keep it up much longer. I have an attorney but they don't seem too agressive. Should I be contacting social security myself to find out what is going on? Any help appreciated.
M&M

MARYCAIN
04-20-2007, 05:21 PM
Are you filing for Social Security Disability? If you are, and you are earning more than the "substantial gainful activity" amount every month, your claim will be denied automatically. So if you were working full time when your claim was filed, this may have been what happened. If you are working, and your earnings average more than $900 per month, then generally you cannot be considered disabled for purposes of social security. Do you know if your attorneys filed an appeal from your last denial, or if they refiled your claim? You should be getting copies of everything they receive or file with the Social Security Administration. If you are in the appeals stage, in some parts of the country it can take a year or longer just to get a hearing date. So long delays, unfortunately, are not unusual. But I would really encourage you to set up an appointment to meet with your attorneys and find out what is happening with your case.

Brian0025
04-27-2007, 01:40 AM
What you need to send them is, a list of ur illnesses, doctors, side effects, hospital reports, and even pages from trusted websites.
Also go to their website.
Go to http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/