PDA

View Full Version : Lupus Now Conference In Alabama

Bama
04-18-2007, 01:13 PM
Is anyone else going to the Lupus Now conference in Birmingham? It is this Saturday and it is free. Has anyone been to one of these in another city?

www.acteva.com/go/LupusEducation

browneyedgirl53
04-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the heads up.....I live on the west coast, so I will wait to see what your thoughts are....if you thought the time and travel were worth the journey.

I live in Seattle, and the nearest one seems to be in Colorado....so I would be anxious to hear your review of the seminar. Thanks again for sharing this information.

Take care,
Browneyedgirl

Missy
04-19-2007, 11:04 AM
Hi! Browneyed girl - if you're looking for some opportunities in Seattle, there are some upcoming symposiums sponsored by our local LFA chapter. I've attended one before and it was great.

This is from the website:

Our educational symposiums are set up quarterly regarding issues involving Lupus i.e. new drug developments, medical issues, new research studies, diagnosis of Lupus, how to cope with a disease, etc.

Portland Symposium: Saturday, May 12th

Seattle Symposium: Saturday, May 19th

Spokane Symposium: Saturday, May 26th

MARYCAIN
04-20-2007, 05:06 PM
I would like to go, but I hate the drive to Birmingham, and I'm going to have to go to U.A.B. for an appointment next month anyway, so I can't see making two trips in a month. But if anyone goes, please share any new info! :)

Bama
05-09-2007, 10:11 AM
The conference went well and I thought it was worth the drive. They had two Rheumatologists, a Nephrologist, and a Dermatologist. One of the Rheumatologists was from University of North Carolina and the rest of the doctors were from UAB. They handed out lots of pamplets and a nice book of all the slides. I didn't really learn anything new, but I've been reading medical journals for three years now. The Dermatologist said her favorite sun screen for Lupus patients was something called Baby Blue Lizard. She also said they have better sun screens in Europe, but they haven't been FDA approved so they can't recommend them to their patients.

Missy
05-11-2007, 11:19 AM
Here's the latest on the Seattle Symposium, for anyone interested. I was hoping Browneyedgirl and I could maybe meet in real life!!!, but I don't think I'm going to be able to go - it's still up in the air.

2007 Annual Lupus Education Symposium in Seattle is scheduled for Saturday, May 19th.

Time: 9:30am - 3:30pm
Place: 1201 Eastlake Ave. E, Seattle, WA 98102
Speakers/Topics:
Mark Wener, MD - Lupus and the Central Nervous System
Kim Muczynski, MD - Lupus and Kidney
Michael Linerberger, MD - Antiphospholipid Syndrome and the Other Hematologic Complications of Lupus
Jeffrey Carlin, MD - Changing the Paradigm: New Therapies in Lupus
Admission is free but reservations are a must due to limited capacty. Lunch will served. Please confrim your seat by calling: 206-546-6785/1-877-774-2992 or email us at: lupuspncwa@earthlink.net.

IloveHistory
05-11-2007, 12:13 PM
Hi Bama!

I'm SO glad to hear that the conference went well! :D

Thanks for keeping us posted! :)

Keep well! :)