PDA

View Full Version : Could some of you share about food triggers?

cathyj
04-18-2007, 05:02 AM
Hi,

I'm still in a full blown 9 nine month flare. The other day I actually had a pretty good day...just a little pain. I ate my dinner (which was an entree from nutrisystem so it had many ingrediants) and thirty minutes later I was in incredible pain....I know I've read that certain foods can trigger a relapse so I was wondering if some of you could share what foods you've learned do it to you.

While I know everyone is different, I just need a place to start looking since I am so new to this.

Thanks,
Cathy

Mzbeanz
04-18-2007, 06:36 AM
for me it is dairy, red meats, nuts, tomatoes, sugar and caffine

Saysusie
04-18-2007, 12:00 PM
My food triggers are almost identical to Mzbeanz: Dairy, Red Meats, Sprouts, and Legumes!!

Saysusie

Missy
04-18-2007, 10:37 PM
If you're having such strong reactions to foods, it might be worth looking into exploring food allergies/sensitivities....keeping a food journal..........elimination diet........

just some ideas!

MARYCAIN
04-20-2007, 05:44 PM
For me, it's not so much individual foods as additives like colorings or preservatives - MSG, yellow food dyes, nitrates, etc. So I have trouble with a lot of the pre-packaged foods because they have so many preservatives. I eat a mostly vegan diet - no dairy, meat, etc. but I do avoid most nightshade plants (potatoes, tomatoes, etc.) and all sprouts. Alfalfa sprouts and alfalfa products are known to trigger lupus flares, so that is something you definitely want to avoid.