PDA

View Full Version : Words vibrating on the page

Suzanne960
04-12-2007, 02:21 PM
A few times I've had the experience of reading the newspaper, and the words appear to vibrate back and forth. Now we don't have any significant earthquakes here in Texas :) , so that's pretty weird. Anyone else here experience that?

cure4lupus
04-12-2007, 10:49 PM
I had similar "visual obscurations" a couple years ago. I was later diagnosed with Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension (Psuedotumor Cerebri). Lupus and Predisone withdrawl can both cause this condition. An eye exam may be in order.

kimb
04-13-2007, 09:41 AM
Suzanne960-
Did you read my post and replies just above yours-Squiggle lines in vision and optic migraines?
Saysusie had posted great info on this topic.
Kim

Suzanne960
04-17-2007, 11:25 AM
Yes, I did have an eye exam the day that it started. I was worried about the Plaquenil I take. The doctor did mention migraines. I have just been wondering if it could be lupus-induced--or something else that doctor didn't think of.

cure4lupus
04-17-2007, 04:23 PM
Well the eye doc would have definetly known something was wrong if it was psuedotumor cerebri. When my eye doctor looked in my eyes he said "whoa, you have been having headaches?" I said yea and he picked up my file and marched me right over to my neurologist's office and ordered an MRI. It panicked me lol. It looks that same as a brain tumor to an eye doctor.