PDA

View Full Version : wierd and scary (to me!) have you had this??

angela
04-10-2007, 03:51 PM
hi all! hope this finds you all well and am wondering if you all can help me figure this out. i get these awful pains in my back that throb and pulse like when yr heart beats. the pains are sort of in the middle of my back ion either side of my spine. they jolt me from my sleep and i thought they were spasms at first. i got my heating pad, and or i try to adjust my position in bed... nothing. unless i get up and go to the bathroom. then i get some relief. it happens about every other night. i have a rhumy appt tomrrow and am wondering if i should mention it. i tend to know what to mentions as important, so i dont say anything unless its very obvious, i am so concerned about seeming like a hypochondriac. i mean, i dont sit there like a bumb on a log and i am very fortunate to have an understanding doctor who wants to hear whats going on. i guess im still in a bit of denial about it all.

anyway.... your thoughts please.

be well :wink:

MARYCAIN
04-10-2007, 04:05 PM
Hi, Angela. I think you should always mention any new or unusual pain to your doctor just to be safe. It might be something minor, but as you know with lupus, sometimes a flare can start with something minor and turn into something major.

Hope you feel better soon.

Missy
04-10-2007, 07:28 PM
I agree (as usual!) with Marycain. I figure anything that's making me ponder is worth mentioning to my doctor.

Good luck! Hope everything is ok!

IloveHistory
04-10-2007, 10:41 PM
Hi Angela!

Ditto what Marycain and Missy have said. I always tell my doctor when anything new crops up, as one never knows what could be important!

Good luck with your Rheumatology appointment! :) Let us know how it goes!

Keep well! :)

Jill1021
04-11-2007, 05:32 AM
I had this happening to me a couple weeks ago, I thought it was just back pain left over from a previous back injury, but what you are describing is exactly what I felt, and breathing sometimes hurt, because dang it was an odd pain and a scary pain at that!

Maybe something I need to add to my two page list of symptoms I have been having!

Good Luck!

angela
04-11-2007, 10:34 AM
hey gang of mine! thanks for the responses. im getting my list together for the rhumie appt at 12:15p today (pst). just like you too jil, i have pain when i breath as well. oeverall, im feeling pretty good. my pain is undr control and much better, around a constant 3-4, unless im having brekthru. its jut this wierd pain. :?: i hope it not kidney related, because it occur to me last nite that it gets better or goes away when i get up to the bathroom. but im still 'sore' after i empty my bladder :oops: (sorry). the sharpness stops, but it still feels funny.

anyway, thanks for letting me 'practice' for my appt! :lol:

my mom is taking me, and that's another story!!!!

be well :wink:

IloveHistory
04-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Hi Angela!

Good luck for your appointment and please let us know what your Rheumatologist says!

Keep well and God bless! :)

angela
04-11-2007, 09:20 PM
hi all, i'm back! all went well. he's thinking along a uti line or kidney troubles becaue the pain is in the area where kidneys are. so i have to have lab work done, which i was supposed to have done anyway along with getting my port a cath flushed, and i forgot. my darn short term memory :x its awful since my siezure and bad fall down a flight and a half of stairs :!: and my poor dear hubby just cant remember everything. his memory has always been bad. i think it's 'male selective memory' :lol:

anway, i had no labs to go on for this appt, so im gonna go probably friday. but overall, he gave me thumbs up! he just feels i still should not do any driving til we get siezures under contol. but what's that? no siezures at all? he didn't say, and dum me didnt press him to answer. i know the answer. the thought of having one while driving TERRIFIES me :!: no pouting....

thanks gang of mine!

IloveHistory
04-11-2007, 11:00 PM
Hi Angela!

I'm glad to hear that everything went well! :)

Let us know how your labs come out and what the treatment(s) is/are.

Keep well! :)

angela
04-11-2007, 11:08 PM
thanks dearie :wink: