PDA

View Full Version : Hoping for a baby...

Kokopelli
04-10-2007, 01:21 PM
My husband and I just started the process to try to get pregnant. My cycles have never been regular, so right now we are working just getting a cycle going to cleanse my body...but after that, we will be starting some meds to help my body ovulate (Metformin and Clomid probably).

I thought I would share because I'm pretty excited about it! I'm 34 and my husband is 41. We figure if we are going to have a baby, we'd better get busy and get serious about it! LOL

My mom doesn't seem to be too happy about the idea, which confuses me.

I'll keep you all posted (if you're interested). I know it's going to be a long process and am hoping for relatively early success.

IloveHistory
04-10-2007, 01:49 PM
Hi Kokopelli!

That's wonderful! :D

Let us know how everything goes! I will be praying for you...

Keep well! :)

Saysusie
04-10-2007, 02:01 PM
Hi Kokopeli :D
I am so happy for both you and your husband and I truly hope that you are successful!
Your mom may be worried and concerned about your health and how much strain a pregnancy will put on your body. But, under close supervision of your medical team (Obstetrician, Rheumatologist, Primary Physician), you can have a safe and healthy pregnancy and give birth to a strong and healthy baby.

I wish you the very best
Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Missy
04-10-2007, 07:17 PM
Congrats! I know that this is something you have wanted to do for a while. You have given so much to your mother for a long time. Enjoy this time in your life to take care of yourself and enjoy this process of starting a family. I wish you much luck!

browneyedgirl53
04-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Congratulations and thanks for sharing this precious dream with us. When I think about it; of all the WONDERS in this life - to have the honor and privilege of bringing a child into this world - still leaves me in awe.

I remember when I was pregnant, my husband and I decided we didn't want to know what sex the baby was.......we looked at it as God's wonderful surprise for us.....and when our beautiful baby boy arrived - my husband could have touched the clouds with the tip of his fingers - he was so happy. And that is a moment that can never be reproduced again, and is so precious to me. My beautiful bouncing baby boy just turned 32....and we still talk about his "coming out" party!!

As Saysusie says, it is so very important to take very good care of yourself and keep your stresses to a minimum. I wish and will pray for you that your pregnancy goes well, that God will keep you in the palm of His hands so that you will bring a healthy and happy child into this world. What a joy!!!!

Keep us posted, it's nice to read about "GOOD STUFF", and we love hearing about yours.

Take Care Friend,
Much Love - Browneyedgirl

kkelly
04-11-2007, 05:43 AM
Hi Kokkopelli
Hooray! Happy news indeed. I have had 2 babies (now 3 and 5) and the pregnancies went fine. I had more nausea than most of my friends (and fatigue) but otherwise normal. Please keep us posted and post any questions you might have in case I can be helpful....
Karen

Kokopelli
04-11-2007, 06:34 AM
Thank you all for being so excited with me!! :D

I will definately keep you all posted on how things go with this new journey! I'm sure I will have lots of questions and I'm so glad that I have some place to ask them! :)

Love to you all!

(For those that might not know, I don't have Lupus, but am caregiver to my mom who does have.)

mnjodette
04-11-2007, 02:52 PM
Warm thoughts and prayers coming' your way Kokopelli! What a wonderful journey you're about to embark on. Could be your Mom is worried about 'losing you' to a new baby. She has counted on you for her care and support, and that might be a little scary for her. I'll bet she'll feel differently the first time she holds a new grandbaby! I loved my kids...but there was nothing to prepare me for how much I loved my granddaughter at first sight. Truly a gift from God. I hope your mother feels that way when the time comes. Take good care of yourself and be patient...sometimes God works slowly!

Jody

Kokopelli
04-13-2007, 09:36 AM
Thanks Jody. I'm sure she will melt when she sees a new grandbaby. She gets all smiles when I bring in the "furry granddaughter" (siberian husky) and she boasts about her all the time to everyone...LOL With all of that for a furry four-legged one, I can just imagine how she will be when/if the two-legged one gets here.

*hugs*

JenP
05-08-2007, 01:35 AM
I hope your journey is a short one. And you have a very safe and healthy new baby!!

Kokopelli
05-08-2007, 05:39 AM
Thank you Jen. :D

rhonday
05-10-2007, 04:42 AM
Thats so wonderful
My husband and i have been trying for 3 years with no luck. We were just going to go on the clomid when i thought i would go to see a derm about these sores on my face. Now i have more testing to be done because he thinks i have lupus, so no clomid yet for us. Do keep me posted on how it works for you. I am excited to get on it but i think we should make sure I'm healthy before we start.

Kokopelli
05-10-2007, 11:44 AM
Hi rhonday,

I'm sorry to hear that you're not going to be able to start the clomid as soon as you'd like to. But I think making sure you are healthy is important too. I know that I'm anxious to start it as well, but the OB/GYN wants me to lose some weight first. Have I mentioned how much of a diet failure I am?? Well, maybe it will be different this time. I have something to work for, and I think will make all the difference (hopefully)!

Let me know how your journey goes as well, and when you will be able to start the clomid. Who knows. maybe we will start it and get pg at the same time - hee hee hee

rhonday
05-10-2007, 08:21 PM
Thats funny they said i must gain weight before i can go on the clomid grr i have been trying to put on even one pound for 3 years and no luck i know it doesnt sound like an issue when you dont want the weight but i kinda of see it as just as much of a pain. I'm 30 years old and still weigh the same as i did in grade eight. i yell every week on the scale ppl who go to bed eating ice cream and cake should not weigh 98lbs grr. anyway i do hope you have better luck with your losing then i do with my gaining.

camyskitties
05-11-2007, 08:26 AM
Yes clomid is a good fertility pill to take when trying to conceive. I know someone who coincidentally is named Rhonda and took Clomid to conceive both of her children.

Kokopelli I hope things work out for you. I have a beautiful 2 year old daughter and 6 month old son and I don't know what I would do without them. They are truly the best thing ever happened to me. When your mom sees her grandchild she will be so proud and happy. She is just worried for you. Take care and keep us posted.

lovebuda
06-08-2007, 09:13 PM
I love babies! I have 4 myself and they are a joy. I will pray that God will bless you with a child. Don't let anyone talk you out of it. I know that having children is the only thing that kept my spirits up..it made me feel normal for once in my life. I will pray that everything goes smooth for you.