PDA

View Full Version : A little employment predicament

Morpheus
04-04-2007, 03:00 AM
Hi All, havent been on in a while, hope u all are doing well.

Any way, back to my predicament, I am currently working for a boss who is from UK and has recently started or atleast expanded his bussiness in South Africa. His track record looks good and evrything, However he was horribly underpaying me. infact i have experience in my chosen career path, which is web developer, and a university degree he still paid me the same as a fresh graduate.

So I found new employment, permanent, that offers double, medical aid, and
increase based on performance in 3 months.

So now my current boss promised to match the salary and medical aid. But first when i started he specifically made it clear that the only way for me to make a better salary was if the bussiness was going good. So my success was based soley on how much hes new company makes.

I have decided to leave though, and take the new job.

I would like to know if you guys think this was the right decision, or what anyone else would of done.

Henry
04-04-2007, 06:01 AM
You made the right decision.
If you had stayed they would have either made your life h*ll,
or looked to replace you on their timetable, because you signaled
to them that you were unhappy by pursuing a better opportunity.
Good luck in the new job!

Morpheus
04-04-2007, 06:06 AM
Thanks alot Henry, it makes me feel a hell of alot better.

:)

MARYCAIN
04-04-2007, 07:06 AM
It sounds like you made a good decision. Best of luck in the new job!

IloveHistory
04-04-2007, 10:09 AM
Hi Morpheus!

I would have done exactly the same if I was in your situation.

All the best with your new job! :)

Keep well! :)

Missy
04-04-2007, 06:08 PM
Me, too! Congratulations on your new job!

littlered
04-05-2007, 08:30 AM
Best of luck to you! You know, anytime in my life that I have told myself, "I deserve better than this" and gone after something better, I've always GOTTEN something better. God always wants the best for us, and I think those little voices in our head are his way of saying, it's my will for you. Of course you did the right thing. Good for you!

browneyedgirl53
04-05-2007, 07:37 PM
Hi Morpheus,

Change is good....scary perhaps because of the unknown. However, you deserve to go out there and spread your wings....let your creativity take you to places you've always dreamed about.

There's nothing wrong with moving up and moving out. It's what we all have to do when it's time to leave a nest !!

Best wishes for a wonderful new career - GO FOR YOUR PEACE OF MIND.

Much love,
Browneyedgirl

angela
04-05-2007, 10:33 PM
since i was a human resources director in my recent previous life (b4 lupus), i say you've made the right decision!

GOOD LUCK!