PDA

View Full Version : genital ulcers

Muleladycm
04-02-2007, 09:43 PM
I have had places on my Nether region that feel like marbles inside my skin. They are not open wounds. I read in one of the web sites that this is a symptom. Has anyone had this, and do you know if it contagious. I know I don't have an STD, I checked that. I was really mad at my husband for a little while. although I know he would never cheat on me. :?

Saysusie
04-03-2007, 08:21 AM
Lupus can cause ulcers, in the mouth, nose and sometimes in the vaginal area. However, most of the time, these ulcers are more lesions and these lesions are can be painful but are usually painless. These lesions are known as mucous membrane lesions. People with lupus suffer from many different types of lesions and/or skin rashes: Butterfly” skin rash: This rash appears over the nose and cheeks and can range from a faint blush to a severe, scaling rash; Discoid lesion skin rash: These scarring, coin-shaped lesions are seen on areas of the skin that have been exposed to UV light; Subacute cutaneous lesion skin rash: These nonscarring, red, coin-shaped lesions are very sensitive to UV light. The Subacute cutaneous skin rash may occur only on the face or cover large areas of the body; Mucous membrane lesion: Mouth ulcers, nose and vaginal are sometimes seen in lupus patients; and Drug-induced lupus skin rash: Some drugs used to treat lupus, such as corticosteroids, immunosuppressives, and antineoplastics, can produce skin rashes.
Usually, treatment for the underlying cause (Lupus) also helps the lesions. Plaquenil is one of the most used treatments for lupus lesions. If the rash is painful, your doctor may prescribe some topical cream or medication.
I would suggest that you describe these to your doctor so that a determination can be made if they are or are not lupus lesions!
I wish you the very best!
Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

rheuminator
04-10-2007, 10:34 PM
I wonder if your marbles might be groin lumps from lymph node swelling. Have you compared the location of your lumps with lymph locations?