PDA

View Full Version : Sun sensitive through a car window?

kkelly
03-20-2007, 12:26 PM
Hi Everyone
Yesterday I had one of the worst flares ever. I just got flattened with pain - head to toe. I have been trying to piece things together and the only thing I can think of is I had a 2 hour car ride on sunday where the sun was shining in on me - especially my hands. My wrists are actually my worst inflammation site.
So the question is.....can you experience sun sensitivity through car glass? If so, I will have to be much more careful because I had a horrible reaction. (I didn't really think I was sun sensitive - because I haven't noticed any real worsening after being in the sun before) Can sun sensitivity develop later in the course of the illness?
thanks for listening,
Karen

Pretti in Pink
03-20-2007, 03:06 PM
The same things happened to me last weekend although I was outside but I had never had a sensitivity to sun but last weeked I got burnt. I guess just another one of those things you don't think about until it happens.

MARYCAIN
03-20-2007, 04:14 PM
Glass doesn't block all the UV, which is the part of the sunlight that causes the problems. So you may need to get UV blocking film applied to your car windows - I have it on my patio doors too.

kittyjo
03-22-2007, 01:08 PM
Hi Everyone
Yesterday I had one of the worst flares ever. I just got flattened with pain - head to toe. I have been trying to piece things together and the only thing I can think of is I had a 2 hour car ride on sunday where the sun was shining in on me - especially my hands. My wrists are actually my worst inflammation site.
So the question is.....can you experience sun sensitivity through car glass? If so, I will have to be much more careful because I had a horrible reaction. (I didn't really think I was sun sensitive - because I haven't noticed any real worsening after being in the sun before) Can sun sensitivity develop later in the course of the illness?
thanks for listening,
Karen

My mom is very sun sensitive... always has been, her skin will actually bubble if in the direct sun for ten minutes with out protection... Even through car glass... Even through car glass with UV film.

The cars side and rear window are covered but many places will not allow window film on the windsheild.... As I got into my teens I began to experience sunsitivity and it has worsened as I get older.... I'll get a sun burn in about a 5 minute car ride. As a child, hot weather was what always got me, I would always get a rash, swell, etc... In comparision to my mom, the sun didn't seem to be a problem... But it probably was.

**Off topic** As I think back, many things that are concidered 'symptoms', to me have always been normal... the freezing hands, feet; the pain; the strange stabing nerve pains; loose painful joints; etc... I have always thought that was just what everyone felt, I thought pain was normal and everyone hurt and felt sick, because that is all I have ever known... Come to find out that I've had this since childhood and to think that people wander around actually feeling good, with no pain/illness is just amazing to me. It has even made diagnosis more difficult, because what is concidered a symptom is just normal to me so I don't mention it to the doc's.

WantItGone
03-29-2007, 07:09 AM
I experience the sun sensitivity while driving. Im so happy I just stumbled upon this post because my husband and I didn't even think of the UV film to go on the windows.