PDA

View Full Version : chat line

utenutter
03-10-2007, 10:50 PM
is there any way a sort of chat line that can be set up so you can chat to people direct that are currently on line when you are

theank you

shane

tash-lee
03-13-2007, 02:39 AM
You can always PM (Personal Message)

utenutter
03-13-2007, 02:57 AM
does that alert the person who is on line at the same time as you i will have to try it.

thanks

shane

tash-lee
03-13-2007, 03:28 AM
it should send an alert, i have sent you one, if you look at the top of the page it should have a button that says you have 1 new message

utenutter
03-14-2007, 01:53 AM
thank you tash-lee i understand now

shane

Nekhbet
08-13-2007, 11:46 PM
Just to say that another message board that I am a member of has this site http://www.addonchat.com/. They have a free version there that we would just sign up for.

Once you sign up you will get a website addy for the "wehavelupus" chatroom. You just need your username to log in- so technically people could go in pretending to be you.

You would need to maybe put the link somewhere prominant and then you would still need to message people to let them know you are on the chat site.

Just a thought

Morpheus
08-15-2007, 05:05 AM
There is another php application called phpfreechat, it is as the name suggests free. And seeing as this forum was written in php, the phpfreechat program will integrate nicely with the forum.

Phpfreechat is an online ajax based chat program, It handles a large number if users very well, and the chats are all instantaneously, think personal messaging for the web :)

Nekhbet
08-15-2007, 05:18 PM
I wonder if we can get one where it would have some sort of info here before we go into the chat room. Like saying 2 people in chat in a link up the top.

Otherwise it would have to be scheduled chats or something.

Morpheus
10-22-2007, 04:53 AM
Hi have we recieved any feedback about this yet?

I think realtime chatting would be a huge benefit to this forum.

just to give everyone an example of what I am referring to, have a look at
http://www.phpfreechat.net/

Click on demo, and give it a whizz.

DrinkofWtr
07-28-2008, 12:25 PM
I agree. It would be nice to have a chat line. Again, is this website set up for this type of communication? I'm not very computer sauvy and would like to know also.

DrinkofWtr

admin
08-18-2008, 11:30 AM
I don't put chat rooms on any of my forums because it takes away from forum content. However Suzie has asked for it for a long time. So when we upgrade this website (sometime before the end of the year, lots of new features!) I will add a chat room.

I would like the chat room hosted on our server, and for it to have automatic hours to open and close. Like maybe a six hour window a day or something like that. All according to what works best for members.

Good idea!

SandraC1983
11-28-2008, 12:12 AM
I really do hope we get a chat room esp for the ones who are up late Ill be waiting for the new update. thanks alot

sandra

sits_inthe_corner
11-29-2008, 05:28 AM
:onfire:

I would love a chat room here. There are times when I would love to give immediate support to one of the lupy family members ASAP cause I know they are hurting or upset.

Even to share a giggle when it's badly needed.

That's a wonderful idea :)

jfal
08-06-2009, 03:57 PM
Here is an example of a gaming forum that uses a "Shoutbox"
www.simphoni.net/forums

Right at the top of the forums 24/7. Real time chat.

dsunshine
08-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Can't wait to get all the updates on this site and a chat room would be nice to get instant response and support. Looking forward to these changes.

SandyR
08-11-2009, 05:49 PM
chat would be so nice on here! aside from the few of you on FB, I can't chat with anyone and like dsunshine said, it would be nice to get immediate feedback/support. Since there are so many members in so many different time zones and on so many different internal clocks, could we have all day access to chat? It would open up the ability to chat instantly with those of us across the globe from each other and those of us up at the wee hours of the night.

SandyR
08-11-2009, 05:52 PM
oh, and another thing I personally think would be great is if we got instant notifications on threads we started and the option for future notifications we didn't start but commented on.