PDA

View Full Version : Anna Nicole Smith

susan88004
02-27-2007, 07:31 PM
What do you all think about Anna Nicole Smith having Lupus? Have any of you had experience using methadone for your symptoms.

Missy
02-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Ok - I thought you were joking, but then I looked it up. Crazy.

I saw one of the "entertainment" tv shows tonight making a huge deal out of it - "the MYSTERY illnes" "the KILLER illness" " she was ASHAMED and hid it", etc.

As I always have to look on the positive side, true or false, there were links to the Lupus Foundation on the news stories and it gets the name of the illness out...............

utenutter
02-27-2007, 09:47 PM
I don't know whether or not this is true but i read some where before that Micheal Jackson has lupus as well? There could be few celebrities in the same boat.

shane

Kokopelli
02-28-2007, 05:13 AM
susan, methadone is one of the drugs used for nerve pain relief. My mom is on it for her neuropathy in her feet.

Rena
02-28-2007, 09:26 PM
So what does everyone think? Does it sound like Anna Nicole may of had lupus?

littlered
03-04-2007, 09:57 AM
I don't think she had lupus. I think she was just a poor, tortured soul whose life in the fast lane finally ran her over.

MARYCAIN
03-04-2007, 10:30 AM
I think they were basing this on something said by one of her friends - for privacy reasons her doctors would not be able to comment. But if she did indeed have lupus, I would find it strange and irresponsible for a doctor to treat her with nothing but pain medications - and of all the medications it was revealed during the court hearing that she was taking - there was nothing mentioned about anti-inflammatories, plaquenil, imuran, prednisone, methotexate or any "lupus" type meds - just pain meds. And few responsible doctors would prescribe methadone for pain in any patient with a history of alcohol and substance abuse because there is way too much potential for overdose, accidental or intentional. I also think if her familt or friends had known she had lupus, they would have revealed it during the court hearings to protect her memory from the insinuations of drug abuse being made against her. But if she did have it, then it would be very sad if she felt it was something she had to be ashamed of and try to hide.

Saysusie
03-04-2007, 12:09 PM
So...Ditto to EVERYTHING that Marycain has said which, essentially, was exactly what I wanted to say :lol:

Saysusie

angela
03-07-2007, 04:46 PM
doesnt the singer SEAL have lupus too?

brandy74
03-10-2007, 06:38 PM
doesnt the singer SEAL have lupus too?dont know never heard anything about it but who knows.

Saysusie
03-12-2007, 02:17 PM
I've heard that he does and that is where the scarring on his face came from. Don't know if it is true or not!

Saysusie

brandy74
03-12-2007, 05:02 PM
I've heard that he does and that is where the scarring on his face came from. Don't know if it is true or not!

Saysusiewow never thought about that and i've always wondered about the scare.

angela
03-12-2007, 08:31 PM
yep it is true! my cousin is in music business and has some significant contacts, so i sent her off on the story, and sure enough! he has DLE. he ha it pretty bad as a kid, and was sick often (sound familiar :lol: ). it's also why he's bald too :shock: !! i just thought he was catching the fad....

be well :wink: