PDA

View Full Version : Fever...

Laura07
02-22-2007, 10:43 AM
I hate getting sick all the time. I had a fever last night and this morning that I didn't think was ever going to end. First it was 103.4 degrees fH then 103.2 degrees. It finally broke, so I came into work, albeit 2 hours late. I just feel drained now. Wish I could have just lied in bed all day.

littlered
02-22-2007, 11:10 AM
Poor thing! *hug* I wish you could have, too! I take a tepid bath when my fever's up. It helps break the fever. But that can be draining also. take good care of yourself tonight. Love, Kathy P.S. I am amazed at those of you who, like Laura07, just keep on keeping on. To wake with a fever this high and STILL go into work--you are awesome!

beautifulbeluga
02-22-2007, 11:49 AM
Dear Laura, I am sorry you feel so yukky today and hope you perk up soon. This is flu season also and it is difficult to know when our temperature is up because of a Lupus flare or something else. What ever it is get feeling better soon. I hope you get week-ends off work so you can rest but if you can't make it until Saturday, my advice is to take some time off work now. Pushing through the illness just doesnt seem to work for us and I find if I don't act quickly with rest, fluids, etc. I make myself even worse and then I miss more work in the long run.

I too am suffering today. I knew something was brewing last night when my temp went up also and my the roof of my mouth is raw and sore. I woke up with every part of my body hurting, so I am down for the day also.

Take care......Your buddy in misery.....Patricia

msdawnie44
02-23-2007, 03:52 PM
I know what you mean...it sucks...it seems to be daily thing with me..oh well could be worse....has anyone had a bout the inflamed stomach, colon, esophogus etc....just wondering....scared the hell out of me I was so sick that I couldnt eat for 4 days....thank god for my Doctor he finally put me on nexium, plaqhinil, and pred....feeling better but just cant shake this low to high grade fever daily....anyway just wondered if there were any suggestions...Thanks for listening....and Sorry about your fever hope you are feeling better GOD BLESS!!!!!!!!!

Laura07
02-26-2007, 08:43 AM
Dear Laura, I am sorry you feel so yukky today and hope you perk up soon. This is flu season also and it is difficult to know when our temperature is up because of a Lupus flare or something else. What ever it is get feeling better soon. I hope you get week-ends off work so you can rest but if you can't make it until Saturday, my advice is to take some time off work now. Pushing through the illness just doesnt seem to work for us and I find if I don't act quickly with rest, fluids, etc. I make myself even worse and then I miss more work in the long run.

I too am suffering today. I knew something was brewing last night when my temp went up also and my the roof of my mouth is raw and sore. I woke up with every part of my body hurting, so I am down for the day also.

Take care......Your buddy in misery.....Patricia
Well, I'm over the fever, still have the rawness in my mouth. I never associated that with the Lupus. Hmmm, learned something new.

stjames13
02-26-2007, 11:30 AM
8)
LAURA...that's the biggest problem with LUPUS it has so many odd side effects they do not know what is LUPUS and what may just be the flu.

The BEST thingwe can do is try to eat,live as healthy as possible and hope that the LUPUS goes into remission and we can then live a somewhat normal life.

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

That soreness in your throat may also be related to your THYROID....you may want to have your doctor do a TSH & t-4 test on you just to ensure you do not have THYROIDITIS which is very common in LUPUS PATIENTS!

It will help you feel better of you do have it and they give you the thyroid medecine as it can make you gain orlose weight, and also feel tired ALL the time. The test is a simple blood test !!!!

FEEL BETTER

STJAMES 8)