PDA

View Full Version : Excessive yawning?

Suzanne960
02-22-2007, 09:59 AM
A couple of times recently I've experienced bouts of yawning--very deep yawns about every 30 seconds for half an hour. Anyone else have this? I mean, I know I'm tired all the time, but this yawning is ridiculous.

Quarterhorsegal
02-22-2007, 02:59 PM
Suzanne,
Yep, I get the yawns too. I don't have any ideas for a fix though. Sometimes I use my albuterol inhaler if I am short of breath too, but mostly I just yawn like crazy for a while.

littlered
02-22-2007, 03:45 PM
I only yawn when Katie Couric's on. LOL.

the_librarian
05-15-2007, 10:58 AM
I know you posted this in february, but I have been yawning non-stop for three days. It is ridiculous. i have to laugh at it, but this is a very odd experience...so i'm glad to hear I'm not the only one :wink:

georgiamoma
05-15-2007, 11:02 AM
I yawn a lot too but I think it is because I have a 1 year old and don't get much sleep! I drink my cuppa pretty often but that still doesn't "perk" me up a bit.

chichibug
05-15-2007, 12:05 PM
I"m a yawner, too. I can't sing a chorus without yawning, or even have a deep dialogue... Like my brain can't get enough oxygen or something. It's been like that since I was a teenager. (And I'm 39 now...)

:sleeping:

--Kristin

Ruth1980
05-16-2007, 03:25 AM
I am a definite yawner too, I thought it was just me! I have no idea what is causing it, but I have what I call my "yawning hour"once a day where no matter what I do I am exhausted and yawning.

ethanandrew
11-25-2007, 04:43 AM
hi

i have the yawn attackes for days. i yawn untill my ieyes water. i yawn one right after another. it also hurts my chest with pluriesy. i had a bad epoisode yesterday, if you get the least bit tired there worse

ethanandrew

hatlady
11-25-2007, 01:19 PM
oh man! Now yoyu've got ME doing it too!!! :roll:

I find that as soon as I get in the car after work, and head towards home, I'm guaranteed about 3 yawns.

Other times it just sort of....keeps going. Sometimes I can stop the cycle by some measured deep breathing. 5-6 seconds in, hold a second, then the same out - various yoga techniques use measured breathing as part of their meditation / exercises.

OK, enough reading about ......y.a.w.n.i.n.g......

I gotta yawn................. :wink:

sprant
11-25-2007, 04:06 PM
I have another yawning related complaint that I was wondering if anyonelse gets. I too feel the urge to yawn a alot at times, but I often get this feeling that when I try to yawn I don't quite manage to, I don't seem to get a big enough breath in. Then I have to keep trying to yawn or attempting to get a deep breath to feel satisfied that I am breathing enough - this can last for days at a time. It is such an odd sensation and hard to describe, but it can be very frustrating when it feels like your not breathing very well. :x

There is something so satisfying about completing a yawn :wink:

sick n tired
11-26-2007, 08:30 PM
[quote="sprant"]I have another yawning related complaint that I was wondering if anyonelse gets. I too feel the urge to yawn a alot at times, but I often get this feeling that when I try to yawn I don't quite manage to, I don't seem to get a big enough breath in. ]

I also have this problem and I have found that if i raise both arms over my head then I will in time be able to finally take that cleansing breath. Don't know why, though. :sleeping:

Blessings,
Karen

sprant
11-27-2007, 12:23 AM
Oh thanks Sick n tired, I just put my arms above my head when I was having trouble yawning/deep breathing and it really helped. I must have looked a bit crazy when I did this at the petrol station.
:silly:

sick n tired
11-27-2007, 01:00 AM
:onfire:= Sprant at the petrol station, yawning. Lololol

Actually, I am glad that it helped. :wink:
In Him,

Karen