PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed please

MARYCAIN
02-14-2007, 09:18 PM
Please say a special prayer for a young wife and mother in our community - she is 24 and recently gave birth to her first child. She had a lot of backaches during her pregnancy which were attributed to the pregnancy - when they didn't go away after delivery she went back to her doctor. We just learned she has a rare type of cancer I've never even heard of that has already invaded her spine and metastized to her lungs, liver, and other organs. The cancer's rapid growth was apparently fueled by the pregnancy hormones and her doctors give her almost no chance of survival. Her child is six weeks old. This is one of those instances where no matter how strong your faith is, you just have to wonder at the utter unfairness of it all. Please keep her family and her in your prayers. If you don't pray, then please send some healing thoughts her way anyway. The women in church are taking turns staying with her baby so her husband can be with her - we have no idea what else to do to help.

Lula2ya
02-15-2007, 04:34 PM
That just breaks my heart... I will be praying for her. You are doing the right thing stepping in to help, I'm sure they really appreciate it. Blessings on all of you.

littlered
02-16-2007, 06:54 AM
Saying prayers now...to ease her pain, and for strength for her husband and comfort for her baby. Love, Kathy

mnjodette
02-16-2007, 07:04 AM
Lots to pray about this week (every week!) and I've added this to the list. How terribly sad for this young family.

Saysusie
02-16-2007, 09:06 AM
Marycain; I am sending prayers for her and for you because I can feel, through your words, how much this has affected you. It seems so unfair doesn't it? I pray for her family, for her newborn child and for the wisdom to accept what I cannot understand. I pray that you can find some peace in your heart and that you too are granted that wisdom. I am giving you a cyber hug because I have no answers, but I am your friend and I want to give you some comfort!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

beautifulbeluga
02-16-2007, 04:13 PM
I don't even know what to say, how sad the circumstances are for this family. May God grant them all the strength and courage to go forward in their journey together to what ever end it may bring. I hope and pray that this young woman has some healing or remission so she has at least a little time to spend with this beautiful child that she has brought into the world.

Bless you too Marycain. You are such an "old soul" with a golden heart that gives comfort and strength to so many people. I just wanted to say how blessed we all are to know you, my dear friend. You are truly one of Gods gifts to the world. Thank you for being You....

missdeb
02-17-2007, 10:01 AM
Yes, Marycain, you are truely one of God's gifts to be put in so many people's paths to help them. I will pray for the girl and her family.

IloveHistory
02-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Hi Marycain

I'm so sorry to hear about this. :cry: Please know that I will be praying for her, her baby and for all of her family and friends. She is very lucky to have someone like you who is there for her. As Beautifulbeluga and Missdeb have said, you truly are heaven sent, Marycain and I think that many of us would be lost without you. I will pray that God continues to give you the strength to support her.

Is there someone to look after her baby when she is too ill to do so?

MARYCAIN
02-18-2007, 12:23 PM
Thank you for all the kind words and prayers, everyone - they are much appreciated. Yes, the baby is being taken care of by her grandmother and by various people in our church who take turns keeping her, so her dad can be with her mom as much as much as possible. The one small blessing in all this is that she is a very happy baby who doesn't seem to mind having twenty different people looking after her, and doesn't fuss too much unless her bottle is late. But you have to wonder about the effect of this much stress in her early weeks of life--

I got really tickled at my oldest - he takes his role very seriously even though he's only a few minutes older than his twin - we had the baby at our house for a couple of hours yesterday to give her grandmother a chance to do some laundry and grocery shopping - every time one of the other kids made any loud noise he would go - shhh! you'll wake up the baby! He enjoyed giving her a bottle, but did NOT want to help with the diaper changing - no big surprise there.

The mom is going through some high dose chemotherapy protocol that has some horrible side effects, but I guess the hope is it will give her a little more time - please keep remembering her family in your prayers.

Saysusie
02-23-2007, 11:11 AM
Marycain....
I am convinced that you are a special gift that God has given to the world! And, your gift has molded the character of your family members, who are also loving, caring and particularly special people. I believe that just being in the presence of you and your family has a calming and loving effect on the newborn child and is part of the reason why she is such a happy baby!
Just keep being Marycain......there is nothing better than who and what you are!!

With complete and utter love
Saysusie

angela
03-26-2007, 11:48 PM
hi there! are there any updates? i've been praying so earnestly for them, and you! how are you holding up in this situation? is there anything i can do?
thanks in advance for any info :wink:

MARYCAIN
03-27-2007, 07:35 AM
The mother had a rough time with chemo at first, and they also did radiation therapy. But so far she seems to be "maintaining" - the doctors are still very pessimistic about her prognosis, but they just take it day by day. And she seems to be gaining a little weight, although that might be from steroids, it's hard to tell.

The baby is a little charmer - plump, happy, and seems to be thriving. Her grandmother takes care of her most of the time, and women from the church fill in to give her a break. You would think the baby would be reacting to all the stress around her, but so far it doesn't seem to be affecting her. I worry about how she's going to bond with her mom because she spends so little time with her, but her mom is just too weak right now to take care of a baby. I have to admit I had forgotten how much is involved with an infant - much as I enjoy the time I spend babysitting, I am really tired afterwards. I love children but I really don't miss bottles and diapers!

mnjodette
03-27-2007, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the update. What a trial for this young family. They are so fortunate to have people like you, Marycain, to help. I'll continue to pray for this family....and for your strength as you do your part to help.

angela
03-27-2007, 08:27 PM
thanks for the update :)

widgelli
03-28-2007, 01:26 AM
I have only joined this forum since the original post was put up, but am so saddened to read this.
It is heartening to read that she is holding her own and that the baby is doing well.
My thoughts and prayes go with her.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/widgelli/engel431.gif

browneyedgirl53
03-28-2007, 08:31 AM
Hi Marycain,

Thank you for sharing and asking for prayers for this precious young mother. It does break your heart when you see a situation that brings you to tears and you want to "reason" away why these kind of things happen. I believe with all my heart that there are questions here on earth that only God can answer in Heaven. He has two of my brothers up there; so I'm trusting that we will see God's hand in all of this when the time is right.

I will keep this sweet young mother in my prayers and will ask God to help her, her family to have the strength to carry on through all of this. Please keep us posted and let us know how she is doing? What is her name? and the baby's name?

Hope that you are doing well my friend, all my love to you.

Browneyedgirl