PDA

View Full Version : Lip Biopsy

mnjodette
02-06-2007, 04:04 AM
Going to the Univ of Minn. Medical Center today for a lip biopsy to help with the Sjogren's diagnosis. I'm a little nervous about it. Send me good thoughts!

Jody

MARYCAIN
02-06-2007, 08:30 AM
Sending lots of good (and warm) thoughts your way! Please let us know how it goes!

purplegirl
02-07-2007, 06:31 AM
I hope that everything went well with you and that you have a wonderful day. Always remember, Psalms 55:22.

mnjodette
02-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Thank you, Marycain and Purplegirl. Biopsy went just fine - virtually pain free and doesn't seem to be any swelling or numbness (which is sometimes a problem, I understand.) Little stitches that will fall out in a few days (feels very weird, though.) Won't get results on the diagnosis for several days. Still have one more test to go (an MRI on my parotid gland) and then I guess I'll see the rheumy down there again and work on a treatment plan.

Missy
02-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Hi! I'm so glad you had yours done at Univ of Minn. because I'm sure they know what they're doing there. I had one done by a family doc years ago (before I had Lupus) and he totally did it worng, I still have lip numbness sometimes, and to make matters worse, it was inconclusive (because I think he did it wrong).

Good luck!

IloveHistory
02-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Hi!

Mnjodette: I'm so glad that the lip biopsy was not painful and that it went well! I hope that you get your results soon! Have the stitches fallen out yet?

Good luck with the M.R.I.!

Missy: I'm SO sorry that you have had so many problems with having yours done! :( Did you ever have to have another one?

Keep well! :)

Missy
02-10-2007, 04:09 PM
Nope - we've all decided that I don't have enough symptoms for Sjogren's, but I get my eye moisture checked every year by my eye doc.

mnjodette
02-11-2007, 07:16 AM
Missy, I've read a lot about lip biopsy's on another board for Sjogren's patients, and many people talked about botched biopsys. Numbness, pain. I'm really glad I had it done at the U of M. This doctor has done hundreds and hundreds of these tests and she was fast, efficient and very good. Stitches have fallen out. It's still a little tender, but there is no numbness and I expect it'll be totally healed in no time. Whether or not it's conclusive will be another matter. I'm sorry your test wasn't done well. The thing is, the treatment is probably going to be same whether or not you have a conclusive diagnosis.