PDA

View Full Version : How common is low blood pressure?

kittyjo
02-04-2007, 09:06 PM
I have Hashamoto's; on and off bouts of pancreatitis; gastroparesis; migraines since childhood; Raynauds and suspected lupus SLE.

I have times when I get so fatigued that I feel like I'll collaspe; my body temp drops and I feel so chilled I have to bundle up and still cannot get warm. Even if it's summer. I usually just pass out into a deep sleep, then wake up a couple hours later finally feeling warm. Sometimes I get very dizzy or fuzzy feeling. It was suggested that I take my blood pressure when this occurs. Most of the time it's in the low 90's [ie. 91/59], but lately it has been dropping [ie. 80/48]. I've mentioned this to the doc's, who just take note of it... Rub their chins with a hmmmm... and that's about it. That doesn't help much when it's interferring with everyday goings on.

My thyroid levels have tested w/meds to be in normal range. Dr. has had a difficult time getting my body regulated just right, but is 'close enough'.
Is it the Hashamoto's or something else?

Kokopelli
02-05-2007, 09:36 AM
Hi,

My mom has low blood pressure and they give her Proamatine (sp?) to help keep her blood pressure up especially during dialysis. She has been known to pass out after dialysis and get really dizzy. However, I don't know if this is from the dialysis, or if it's from Lupus.

Thought I would share though....

SoleSinger
02-05-2007, 03:04 PM
I had low blood pressure because of the BP meds they had me on for my kidneys. And once it got down there (60/30 at lowest) even after they took me off the BP meds. They put me on Midodirne which pushed my BP too high!

So, sometimes I still have the bouts of low BP and they can't figure it out. They gave me a tilt table test and found out that my heart rate goes up when I stand, and my BP drops... Some kind of defense mechanism within my neurological system...

Oh I am also slightly hypothyroid, if that helps any...

IloveHistory
02-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Hi!

I have problems with very low blood pressure too! :( I suffer from Orthostatic Hypotension (I often pass out upon standing/feel as if I'm going to pass out) and I have passed out way too many times to count from low blood pressure! I also have a Tachycardia (my resting heartbeat is too fast), which just aggravates the problem even more.

My Paediatrician/Paediatric Cardiologist wanted to put me on Beta-Blockers, but he can't because I have Asthma. :(

Kittyjo, I too have the same problem as you do with regard to being cold all of the time! :( I wear jerseys when the temperature is 35 degrees Celsius/95 degrees Fahrenheit! :shock: My friends are horrified! I also have Raynaud's and wonder whether this could be related? I also have an abnormally low body temperature - often as low as 35.4 degrees Celsius/95.72 degrees Fahrenheit! :shock:

Keep well! :)