PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

bec
02-01-2007, 11:12 PM
My name is Bec; I was diagnosed in June, 2006, as having SLE with Nephritis. I'll be 45 years old next month.

I've done extensive internet searching for information about SLE. I am at the point where communicating with "real people" who know what having SLE is about would be really helpful.. As I'm sure all of you know, odd things come up (twitching, itching, pain, "fog", etc.) and I'm not sure if I should call my Rheumatologist every time I experience something different going on with me.

Your time and support will be sincerely appreciated. There is great comfort in knowing there are others out there who understand what [we're] going through.

littlered
02-02-2007, 08:32 AM
Hello! Welcome to the best group of people you'll ever deal with. Finding this board has educated me to the point where I am my own first "physician." Plus it has given me great friends and a place to vent if I am angry or just plain blue. Not to mention the cheerleading when I fight for proper care! Used to be that Lupus had ME, instead of the other way around. Welcome again. Love, Kathy

Saysusie
02-02-2007, 08:46 AM
Hello Bec :lol:
Welcome to our family! As Littlered has said, you may come here at anytime with any question or concern and there will always be someone here for you. I know that it can be difficult to navigate through this illness and you do not always know if you should call your doctor with your concerns. We are here to help you with that also! While we are not physicians, we certainly want to help you to understand what you are going through, to educate you about this disease, its symptoms, its treatment, its medications and what to expect from each.
Mostly, we want you to know that you are not alone! Yes, we truly understand and you will NEVER be judged or dismissed!! So, once again, welcome to our family!!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

bec
02-02-2007, 09:43 AM
I can't tell you how relieved I am to have found this forum! Last night I spent hours reading posts from people who have had the same symptoms that I've been having for awhile. My stepdaughter tells me to "stop using lupus as an excuse", my husband thinks I'm becoming a hypochondriac and I've begun to doubt my sanity. Now it seems that many of the odd things I've been going through can be attributed to SLE and therefore valid.

Thank you for your support and warm welcome. You and everyone here are a Godsend.

MARYCAIN
02-02-2007, 10:35 AM
Lupus can cause some very strange things to happen with your body - it's easy to start thinking you must be going crazy when every day seems to bring a new and different symptom. But it does get easier to manage after a while, as you start to learn what's "normal" for you. Sometimes, just the realization that you aren't the only one with weird itches, rashes and pains is better medicine than any doctor can offer. We've become a sort of family here, and it's an enormous comfort to have this group and these people around. I hope it will also be a source of strength and friendship you can turn to anytime. Welcome.