PDA

View Full Version : Insurance-Aetna

eefell
01-29-2007, 05:56 AM
We may be changing insurance companies to Aetna. Has anyone had any experience with them and Lupus? If so, do they consider it to be a pre-existing condition. We've been with the same ins. co since I was diagnosed 3-1/2 yrs. ago so this is a bit scary for us. I'm on tons of meds and injectible MTX once a week. Our current ins. would cover the oral MTX but doesn't cover the injectible, go figure. I never thought I could give myself a shot, but never say never. I have 5 grown kids and one 17 year old. After I got the syringes, I showed all of them so they wouldn't think Mom had gone off the deep end.

Anyway, I would appreciate any info. Thanks and have a great day !

Razzleberry
01-31-2007, 09:40 AM
We have Aetna and they have been fine so far. I had them before I was diagnosed tho so I don't know if they consider Lupus a pre-existing condition ...I would expect so. They have paid everything for me so far with no quibbles at all. Good luck!

MARYCAIN
01-31-2007, 10:16 AM
In most states, insurance coverage is regulated by state law, so insurers who write policies for that state have to comply with state law about exclusions and coverage for pre-existing conditions. If you have insurance provided by an employer, then federal law also comes into play. Since state laws can vary widely on prexisting conditions - your best bet is to contact your state's insurance department or commissioner for information. In most states a webside will be available with FAQs about coverage issues.

eefell
01-31-2007, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll go to the website and see what I can find out.

MARYCAIN
02-01-2007, 11:27 AM
In case you were having trouble finding the info, here's a link to the Texas information on insurance coverage

http://www.tdi.state.tx.us/consumer/cb005.html

Hope this helps

eefell
02-01-2007, 01:13 PM
Thank you so much ! I was having some difficulty finding it.

stjames13
02-21-2007, 09:56 AM
8) HAVING DONE A TON OF RESEARCH ON INSUREANCE SINCE MY UNION BEGAN TALKING ABOUT MAKING THE RETIREE'S JOIN UP FOR A PART D PLAN MAY I SUGGEST THAT YOU CHECK IN WITH AARP.

SINCE THEY ARE SO BIG THEY GET THE BEST PRICES AND ARE THE NICEST PEOPLE GOING.

THEY HAD THE BEST PRESCRIPTION PROGRAMS AND THEN PROGRAMS WITH DR'S THEY WERE ONCE AGAIN NUMBER ONE AND THIS WAS CONFIRMED IN CONSUMER'S DIGEST.

I HOPE THIS WAS OF HELP FOR YOU AND OTHERS

STJAMES 8)

ButterflyRN
03-27-2007, 02:16 PM
I have not checked this in some time so sorry for such a late post. I presently have aetna and overall they have been okay. But I was treated with Rituxan and they did not cover it. I was not pre-approved due to an oversight and after treatments I got a bill that was unbelievable. Please just make sure that you are pre-approved. Rituxan is still considered experimental for our disease so be careful.

~Butterfly

angela
03-27-2007, 03:35 PM
based on my previous insurance and HR experience, most insurers will consider lupus a pre-existing condition. :cry: :x