PDA

View Full Version : questiones about abnormal cycles?

cryssyjojo
01-21-2007, 01:16 PM
Before I started having symptoms of lupus I had a normal 28 day cycle, Then I started having symptoms of lupus in april and starting in may my cycle was like s 5 days late and then every month a day later then that till it was ten days every month, so now a 38 day cycle. My last period was dec 2nd thinking I would start around the 12th but still no period and it is the 21st. I took a preg test and it was negative. I am not sure whats goin on? Anyone have any kind of ideas they can throw at me? Thanks cryssy

cryssyjojo
01-23-2007, 04:24 PM
Never mind I found out it is from the prednisone.

xuan28
01-31-2007, 07:22 PM
i have the same problem too!!

i used to have a regular 28 day cycle. and now it's lengthened to 31 days... 35 days.
i also find that my blood flow is very light, and usually lasts only about 2-3 days.
in the past (before lupus), it used to be medium-heavy flow and lasts about 5 days.

i'm not taking prednisolone.
is this normal?

Laura07
02-17-2007, 12:53 AM
My rheumy told me it's normal. We got freaked out and actually still have some left over pregnancy test in the bathroom. LOL we took so many. It would be 2-3 weeks late one month, and this month, I've had it 2x already. it's very annoying, but nothing I can do about it. I'm not gonna believe it if we really do get pregnant one day. I did have to stop taking my birth control due to mood swings and depression. So I may be bearing good news one day soon!