PDA

View Full Version : New her

midnight glow
01-19-2007, 08:00 PM
:D Hello! I am new here, I am 38 and have been tested for almost 3yrs now for lupus, Married with 3 teen daughters. talk about waiting for the doctors to do all there checking to make sure all the t's are crossed and there i's are dotted, well I have done it. I can tell you what i do know and that is. I get blood work done every 6weeks and I have had for 3yrs a positive ANA and RNP, he has told me I have Rheumatoid arthritis, autoimmune disorder,mctd, pretty sure fibromyalgia syndrome, gerd for sure,anxiety and depression,headaches,dry eye ( ----things I feel and tell him about every month and he writes down are_
memory loss,confusion, shortness of breath, skin and sun sensitivity,fatigue, feeling sick most of the time, nose ulcers and belly ulcers, temps, muscle pain, swollen joints, right knee given away, tired all the time and so on and on, I take plaquenil 200mg twice a day, protonix 40mg twice a day, trazodone 100mg at bed, xanax .5mg twice a day, topamax 25mg twice a day,rolaids,restasis,elavil at bed, nose cream and I am sure I am forgetting something.
I am just looking for a answer of yes you do or no you don't it this, and then I can either way go on, but i will have a answer, I won't be sitting on a fence. Does somebody understand what I am saying? I can handle whatever is given to me because I have no choice, but it would make life much brighter :idea: thank you and I can't wait to learn from you all. [/code]

mnjodette
01-19-2007, 08:44 PM
Hello, Midnight Glow. Welcome to the forum. You'll find there are a lot of people here who've experienced (and are still experiencing) the same kind of things you've taked about. I've only been dealing with this for 9 months, but I can completely understand. There are so many days that I wonder whether or not the doctors have got this right...do I really have lupus? Do I have to take these meds the rest of my life? Lupus - like a lot of autoimmune diseases - are a moving target. Symptoms aren't the same for any two people and treatments either. You'll find people here who are happy to provide advice, resources and just an ear. I've learned so much since I found this site. I think you'll be happy you found us, too.

Jody

MARYCAIN
01-19-2007, 09:11 PM
I understand the frustration of being in the diagnostic limbo-land. Unfortunately, it's a common problem because lupus can be very complex to diagnose - sometimes you just have to wait until the pattern of symptoms develops completely. Lupus can look like a dozen other illnesses, and having RA or another autoimmune problem just makes it more complicated when you try to figure out which symptoms go with which illness. The important thing is having a doctor who will listen to your symptoms with an open mind and be willing to treat them as they arise.