PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy

lexineli
01-10-2007, 04:38 PM
Has any1 been able to get pregnant after been diagnosed with Lupus , I mean like first time moms. Am 26 been diagnosed for 2 yrs been trying to get pregnant for past 6 months. If anyone can give me info thanks

MARYCAIN
01-11-2007, 10:24 AM
Hi, Lexinall - welcome! There are a couple of people here on the forum who are pregnant right now - hopefully they will see your post and be able to give you more information. You can also use the "search" feature at the top of the page to find other posts about pregnancy that might help answer your questions.

Missy
01-11-2007, 10:47 AM
Hi -

I can't offer any pregnancy info, as I'm not, but I am curious about how you decided you were healthy "enough" and how your doctors reacted. How has Lupus manifested in you?

I'm particularly interested if anyone has had Lupus Nephritis and decided to pursue pregnancy.

Good luck!

atedj
01-13-2007, 11:12 AM
I'm not a first time mom, as I'm now pregnant with my 3rd, but this is my first pregnancy after my diagnosis. This happened after only 4 months of knowing I had Lupus so I was pretty scared about the pregnancy and health of the baby. I hadn't even come close to getting my symptoms under control and had to get off most of the meds right away. Luckily my symptoms improved during my first trimester. I'm now just starting my third trimester and my joint pain is back like before. I was able to stay on the prednisone the entire time and get back on Imuran after the first trimester. Overall, everything has gone MUCH better than I expected. The only complication is that we recently found out my little baby girl (yes, it's a GIRL!) has a small hole in her heart (called a VSD). Apparently there is a higher chance for heart defects for babies of Lupus moms. I go in every few weeks for an echocardiogram to monitor the heart, and already the hole is getting smaller. The hope is that it'll close completely before birth. If not, it most likely won't be big enough to need surgery or cause problems. I'm not trying to scare you, just let you know how it's been for me. Good luck with trying and I hope you'll have success soon!

cryssyjojo
01-13-2007, 04:34 PM
I will say my prayers for your beautiful baby girl..

atedj
01-13-2007, 09:01 PM
Thank you so much. I know every prayer really does help. I truly believe it's BECAUSE of the prayers that her heart improved so much in 3 weeks.

cryssyjojo
01-14-2007, 10:22 AM
He said you ask and you shell recieve. You juat have to truly believe.