PDA

View Full Version : new here

dbfly
01-09-2007, 02:06 PM
hi everyone, i had a hard time finding a lupus site with a forum. its been a few years since i've been online. anyway im a 47 yr old male.i was told i had discoid lupus in 2000 after seeing a dermatolgist about a mark on my face. afew weeks later was told i also had sle all this happened in about a month. needless to say it realy changed my life. started going to doctors an taking all my meds, things were going good until i lost all bennys.
i hav'nt been to a dr. since 2001. I THINK IM GETTING WORSE. dont worry im going back to the dr. next week i hope she dont have bad news for me. anyway its nice to find a place where you dont have to explain yourself when you say you have lupus

mnjodette
01-09-2007, 02:15 PM
Welcome! You'll find a lot of good info here, and lots of support. I'm glad you found us, and I'm really glad you're going back to the doctor!! It's critical to get good medical care, and to take your meds. You don't say if you have health insurance now. There are folks on this forum who may have advice for you in that area, depending on where you're located. Check in often, and post whenever you feel like it. We're here for each other, and it make the journey a bit easier.

Saysusie
01-09-2007, 04:56 PM
Hi Dblfy :lol:
Welcome to our forum and to our family. I am also very glad that you found us AND that you are going to see a doctor. This forum is filled with people who understand, who care, who are informative, supportive and who want you to know that you are not alone.
Let us know how your doctor's visit goes and what your next step will be!

I wish you the very best!
Peace and Blessings
Saysusie