PDA

View Full Version : new to this

adria420
01-02-2007, 01:30 PM
:shock: Hello I have been dealing with lupus for about a year now and I almost died in the hospital in nov bec it started to attack my organs. All these medications are driving me nuts and I dont know what to do.. I am scared and its making me insecure. I feel so alone. I think I am getting what they call "cushing syndrom" because I am changing so much moon faced, acne etc. I am scared..

kkelly
01-02-2007, 03:49 PM
Hi Adria420,
I have read some of your posts and while I don't have alot of specific advice - I will say this. I felt alot like you are feeling 3 years ago when I was diagnosed. I did not feel any of the "relief" they talk about from getting a diagnosis. I was just scared and a bit in denial. All I can say is that its been a tough few years but things have improved in many ways and even when I hit a tough flare, its more manageable now. The biggest part is not to let the lupus become you. You have to live with it but its just one aspect of life. I found it easier to read about chronic illness overall - a book Happiness in a Storm - wendy harpham was excellent for me in terms of putting everything into perpective. I like to think that "they" are on the verge of developing a cure or much more effective meds (with less toxicity) and yes there are many natural things that can ease your symptoms. This takes awhile to figure out for each person but I have found this board to be so helpful as you get the collective knowledge of everyone here. Keep your chin up- I am sorry to hear about your breakup as well. that is so hard. Things will get better. take care,
Karen

bthny10
01-02-2007, 04:48 PM
Hey,
I know how you feel. I have had "this" (I don't know if I have Lupus or not, I know I do have other autoimmune diseases) since I was nine. It's really hard, but it's livable. It's so unbelievably hard sometimes, but God's bigger than all of this so I just kind of have to let go. No matter how bad it gets, you always still have something. Even when you think there's nothing left, there always is. Sometimes you have to chill with it and look for what you can do rather than what you can't.

-Bethany