PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here from Little Rock, Arkansas?

Southernbelle
12-22-2006, 08:05 AM
My husband Larry has decided that he wants to see a new rheumatologist. I was wondering if any of you were close to us and who you were seeing or had any ideas on a doctor in Little Rock that you might think was worth giving a shot. When we saw his doc the other day, he had Larry all mixed up with another patient (?) and suggested he stop wearing his leg brace. Larry has never worn a leg brace!! And somehow in Larry's file, he read (supposedly) that he hadn't seen us since September. Larry (I go with him, because he can't remember well) has seen this doctor every single month since July. We just felt like it was time to give another doc a try. We have been going to the L.R. Diagnostic Clinic, but were thinking of trying someone at UAMS. Any thoughts?

Grace

bhenry075
01-02-2007, 08:15 PM
Hi Grace! I go to Harding University in Searcy, AR and was diagnosed with lupus my freshman year there (which was 4 years ago). I went to many doctors all over AR trying to figure out what was wrong with me and I finally went to the Baptist Medical Center in Little Rock and had an appointment with Laura Trigg. Because I live in California, Trigg is not my first hand doctor, but I have found that she works well when I am out in Arkansas. I hope this information helps! Good luck with everything.

Brooke

Southernbelle
01-03-2007, 04:50 PM
Hi Brooke! Harding is a great university! I am very familiar with Searcy. We did find a new rheumatologist at University of Medical Sciences in Little Rock. My pc doctor told me today that she is considered to be a guru, so we are hoping that help is on its way. I'm sure there are some great doctors here in Arkansas, the key is just finding one of them!

I have a brother-in-law in Maricopa, California. What part of California do you live?

Grace

bhenry075
01-03-2007, 08:24 PM
I am from the San Francisco Bay Area- San Ramon to be exact. It's in the east bay, near Berkeley. I have actually never heard of Maricopa. Is it in southern California?

Southernbelle
01-03-2007, 10:26 PM
Hi! Maricopa ia a fairly small town with a rural country flavor. It's located in the San Joaquin Valley. I think this puts it about 50 (?) miles south of Bakersville. He has a ranch, and I am a city girl, so it makes for a nice visit, but I am ready to come back home! Lol. I'm thinking that Taft may be the closest town to him. You are actually way up the coast from Maricopa. I think California is a beautiful state. The last time my husband and I were there, we made the trip on our honda goldwing 1800. I bet we never get to do that again with his lupus and other diseases.

Grace