PDA

View Full Version : Just diagnosed today

dxiechix
12-21-2006, 08:35 PM
I was getting nowhere with the RA doc so I made an appointment with my dermatologist and had skin biopsys done. I waited two weeks for the results and got them today. She said both sites one on my face and one on my right forearm came back positive for Lupus. I was admitted to the hospital for a bad outbreak (what I now know was from the Lupus) in October 06. They ran every kind of test imaginable. At that time they thought I had Lupus but could find nothing showing in any of the test. I am relevied to finally have an answer. I go back to my Rhumey on Jan. 2nd. and will give him my test results then.

Elsie

mnjodette
12-22-2006, 04:12 AM
Diagnosis is sometimes the most frustrating part of the disease. I think you'll hear that from many on this board. I'm glad you found an answer. Having lupus is not easy, and it's so different for every person that sometimes it's hard to know what's lupus and what's something else. I think you'll find the people on this forum understanding and helpful. Good luck with your rheumatologist, I hope you get the help you need.

mee
12-28-2006, 05:17 AM
Do you have friends and family who cac help you cope with the disease? How about the doctors and nurses, are they friendly and helpful?