PDA

View Full Version : Had appointment with the Neuroogist today...

jaimeluv
12-14-2006, 05:43 PM
Well, apparently last week I had a TIA according to the neurologist. He sent me for more blood work and is scheduling me for an EEG. I already had a MRI and Cat Scan. He didn't completley address my brain issues though. he was more focused on that 1 episode. Even when I wasin his office, I kept getting distracted and forget what I was saying. He had me do some weird things, like walk in a straight line (heel to toe)..... I was thinking to myself, I don't drink! Anyways, I am glad I didn't have a seizure, because I was informed by the nurse that if it was a seizure that by Alabama state law I can not drive until I am seizure free for 6 months. That scared me, how could I work? How could I pick my kids up from school? Thanks again for listening. You all are like my psychaitrists :)

jaimeluv
12-14-2006, 07:03 PM
Ok, so oops I missed spelled neurologist on the topic. :)

MARYCAIN
12-16-2006, 10:03 AM
Yes, the neurologists can come up with some really strange tests - like naming the Presidents or adding sevens together. I told my neurologist I couldn't do math before I had lupus and I sure can't now. But the heel to toe walking is a good way to test your balance and coordination (part of the reason they use it to test drunk drivers), so if you can do it with no problem, it's a good sign, and the doctors can rule out some neurological problems just by watching how you walk.