PDA

View Full Version : Hi Again

jaimeluv
12-13-2006, 07:41 PM
Ok, I didn't get a chance to properly introduce myself....I was so busy ranting :) My name is Jaime, I am 29 and I live in Alabama. I am married and I have 2 beautiful boys, age 8 (almost 9) and 5. May I ask a question? I noticed from reading several posts that a lot of you do not seem to work. Is it hard to get Social Security Disability? I heard it is a nightmare, but I also saw that if you are affected by SLE it is automatic pretty much. Sorry to ask, but I am a person who likes to have her ducks in a row and not wait until it's too late and time to panic.

mnjodette
12-14-2006, 07:04 AM
Actually, Jaime, a lot of us do work. Many of us have had to slow down..not work so many hours; change jobs to something part time; etc. But I think you're being smart to think ahead about the possibility of disability. I've had that on my mind a lot laterly, too.

Welcome to the forum, by the way. The members are wonderful, helpful, and understanding. It's really unconditional love!

Jody

Saysusie
12-14-2006, 08:38 AM
Hello Jaime;
Yes, there are quite a few of us who do not work and just as many who do work. Like Mnjodette said, many of us have had to change our hours, job descriptions or change jobs completely.
Personally, I lost my claim for disability. However, there are also several members here who have won that battle and will be able to give you advice in that area.
Welcome to our family..I hope that you will join us often!!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie