PDA

View Full Version : Newly diagnosed

angelsmom
12-13-2006, 05:37 PM
Hello,
I was diagnosed with Lupus at the end of August and am slowly learning to live with this disease. I am currently taking Plaquinel, Imuran, and Prednisone. I had some severe liver involvement, which is improving steadily. I appreciate all of you being a part of this site, the more information I get, the more comfortable I feel dealing with this disease.

Saysusie
12-14-2006, 08:42 AM
Hi Angelsmom :lol:
Welcome to our family. Yes, Lupus can be a frustrating illness and a difficult one to navigate. The disease never affects anyone the same way, it is fraught with relapse and remission and can develop slowly and differently in each of us.
We are here to help you understand what is going on with your body while dealing with Lupus, its myriad of symptoms, its medications and its treatments. Please feel free to ask any question or post any concern that you may have. Someone here will do their very best to help you, to answer your question, to allay your fears, and to make sure that you know that you are not alone!
welcome :lol:
Saysusie

Missy
12-14-2006, 10:21 PM
Welcome! I hope you will find the support here as helpful as I have!

Be Well,

mnjodette
12-16-2006, 02:29 AM
I feel like this group has become a sort of 'cyber-family' to me. A place I can go for advice and just to share my pain and frustration (and sometimes good stuff!) I hope you'll find it the same for you. Welcome!

Jody

missdeb
12-17-2006, 09:38 AM
This site has been a godsend to me. It makes me feel better because I know I'm not alone in this disease. I can read about others having same symptoms and I have gotten a lot of good advise that my doctors didn't have for me. My family and friends can only support me for so long until they tire of my complaints because they just don't understand what I'm going through. I hope this is a help to you also! Hang in there, you're not alone!